• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The 3080 gets about 100MH/s. The 5700XT about 50MH/s. There's no way a 6800XT is only going to be 8MH/s better than the 5700XT, just look at the 3080, it wont be far off it..

58 mh or thereabouts.. stretch it to 63 if you wish but it's not going to be 166 as the article suggests..
There's some reading material on ethhash, I had posted yesterday. the algorithm mixes a random 128byte page at each step which makes it a memory hard problem, so in well balanced hardware the hashrate is governed by the memory bandwidth, all graphics cards work out in that range.. the vii is supposed to be among the fastest though I don't follow the mining scene closely

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah basically my quote where they will get:
200 x RX 6800 AMD reference boards
90 x RX 6800 XT AMD reference boards

Thats the same scandinavian retailer that was publishing their ordered/recieved stock.
Which is funny as they seem to have an open order, but also know exactly how many cards are coming -- I guess they don't extend that courtesy to their biggest partner in the UK.

WoW

That's
bad..........:rolleyes: Considering 6800 is overpriced and 6800xt is actually the one to have. That would make the 3series nvidia launch look actually pretty good.

9ko4G.gif

Soldato
He must have said something bad about AMD, hence the shill part. I like the guy and he seems genuine enough for me to watch his vids.

I personally don't believe GN to be a shill, though I do find some of his rants from time to time a bit tiring. Overall though most of the coverage is pretty good and some of their angles are very interesting.

Soldato
Yeah basically my quote where they will get:
200 x RX 6800 AMD reference boards
90 x RX 6800 XT AMD reference boards

Thats the same scandinavian retailer that was publishing their ordered/recieved stock.
Which is funny as they seem to have an open order, but also know exactly how many cards are coming -- I guess they don't extend that courtesy to their biggest partner in the UK.
From the reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jrqzuy/rx_6800_first_indication_of_volumes/

Doesn't sound like it will be any better than the NVIDIA launch, sadly :( The same shop had 64(89 Friday afternoon ) 3080 at launch, so much better

A few things to note,
This is a rumour still.
The FE cards can only be bought from Nvidia. That means the quoted figure (89 3080s) would have been for the AIB cards. The only figure we have is for the 6000 series reference board. The 6000 series AIB cards are launching a week later i believe.
We are still a few days away from launch. It will be interesting to see if they get more stock in during this time.
It will be interesting to see how much stock they get for the AIB cards.

Damn it i just want to buy one of the AIBs but having to wait weeks is grinding my gears. I waited for the 3080 and the launch was a joke, now im waiting for the 6800XT but god knows when i'll get one......damn i miss the good old days were you could walk in to GAME and buy a Orchid Righteous Voodoo with no hassle :D

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The 6800 is 20% faster than the 3070, they can justify the price. Though I do think its priced too closely too the xt.

The same happened with the 5700's though. The 5600XT was a better gap, prices would have been ideally staggered if it was just the 5600XT -> 5700XT. Sadly its something they arent going to waste so you get this overlap.

Associate
From the reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jrqzuy/rx_6800_first_indication_of_volumes/

A few things to note,
This is a rumour still.
The FE cards can only be bought from Nvidia. That means the quoted figure (89 3080s) would have been for the AIB cards. The only figure we have is for the 6000 series reference board. The 6000 series AIB cards are launching a week later i believe.
We are still a few days away from launch. It will be interesting to see if they get more stock in during this time.
It will be interesting to see how much stock they get for the AIB cards.

He must be reading the same 3080 thread on a Danish tech site.
Shame as I was considering a 6900 instead of a 3080 but sounds like it iwll go the same way as my efforts to get a 3080. Been with NVIDIA a long time, but not a fan of how they have handled this at all.

Associate
damn i miss the good old days were you could walk in to GAME and buy a Orchid Righteous Voodoo with no hassle

Ah yes, I remember ogling those pretty boxes and pleading with my dad to get one for our home PC (ATi Rage Pro integrated didn't even get an OpenGL driver until we'd had the system for several months or more, a Time PC). Eventually he bought us a Hercules 3D Prophet Kyro, not the best card but the upgrade was HUGE.

Looking around there's precious little stock of high end gfx cards anywhere, save examples that are now horrendously overpriced after the recent and upcoming launches.

Soldato
Ah yes, I remember ogling those pretty boxes and pleading with my dad to get one for our home PC (ATi Rage Pro integrated didn't even get an OpenGL driver until we'd had the system for several months or more, a Time PC). Eventually he bought us a Hercules 3D Prophet Kyro, not the best card but the upgrade was HUGE.

Looking around there's precious little stock of high end gfx cards anywhere, save examples that are now horrendously overpriced after the recent and upcoming launches.

I remember the names well! What doesnt sound more powerful than a Hercules.. now its all gone RGB..

Soldato
Choo Choo, best get in before the miners. Might try and grab a couple.

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6800-50-faster-geforce-rtx-3090-at-crypto-mining-rumor/

giphy.gif

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jr5yoa/bullsh1t_buster_on_twitter_navi21_6800xt6800/
https://twitter.com/Bullsh1t_buster...mbed/jr5yoa?responsive=trueis_nightmode=false

Man of Honour
@Vince not seen you post in a while, what's your thoughts on the Hashrate of the 6800XT?

It be fast at things seems to be the overall thoughts, although that seems to be all about that cache. I shall see what happens but have been thinking ill wait a little bit and then grab one. I dunno yet we shall see :) I did just spend £400 of my big navi monies on my mrs xmas present.

Soldato
It be fast at things seems to be the overall thoughts, although that seems to be all about that cache. I shall see what happens but have been thinking ill wait a little bit and then grab one. I dunno yet we shall see :) I did just spend £400 of my big navi monies on my mrs xmas present.

Understandable, in the bank for the good books though! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom