• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
We've been told that we'll get a queue position email on fridays. People who ordered as of later in the day on Friday won't have got their email as they were sent out at a certain time. There are people who have found out via a webnote though, so if you're that curious a webnote is your best bet right now :D

Associate
I'm considering just dropping down to the 3000 series for now, I run @ 1440p ultrawide, so I'm GPU bound way before CPU bound. You can pick up the 3800x for around £10-£15 more than the 5600x, even the 3900x is £70 cheaper than the 5800x. When running at 1440p any reviews/youtube vids I've found shows a difference of around 3% in terms of FPS, due to being GPU bound.

Of course, this little plan also relies on getting a GPU

Associate
Congrats on the 3080FE man, mine just arrived this morning :). Its going to have to sit here while I queue for the cpu though. My order was just before 2:15pm according to the confirmation, anxiously waiting my queue position on Monday. They weren't price gouging so I expect they got battered until they took the pre-orders offline. Could be a long wait for me, especially looking at new shiny stuff in boxes each day! I went in for the 5950x so my estimate was 30th November when I clicked order...expecting that will get pushed back though as I only just got in before they took pre-orders offline.

Thanks man, glad you managed to get hold of one, yeah I think they got hit hard particulalry the 5900x, I just didn't like the email stating the delivery date as it set the wrong expectation and got my hopes up, got my queue position today which is also higher than expected at 813 but if they ship like AMD state they are going to hopefully we will both be installing shiny new cpu's soon too.

Soldato
I have over the past couple of days thought about binning off all my orders & doing my new build with the 7700k hardware I already have.
Yes its only 4 cores @ 5ghz, but it works & does the job.

However I, like a lot of people here don't build a new PC just for generic usage but for the fun of it & as a hobby.

I wanted to move to an AMD CPU purely as I'd not used one for nearly 20 years, plus the performance of the 5950 sounded excellent.

I have 2x CPUs on order, plus the build items already received I have best part of £3k invested in my hobby, & I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks this way.
Which is why so many people are so annoyed with how the recent hardware launches have gone.

Something needs to change, unfortunately I don't things will as we as consumers are treated as we will put up with anything just to get the end product.

Having been a PC enthusiast & built PCs for 35 years so I'm sure the rose tinted specs are on, but things were better back in the day.

Associate
Well, here's my 5900X purchase experience...

OcUK I got as far as adding the cpu to my basket at 13:58. It wouldnt get any further, site had 502 gateway page or solid white screen.

An OcUK competitor (competitor 1) I placed an order in store on 04/11 so awaiting to hear about that one

Another competitor (competitor 2) I ordered at 2pm and the order and payment went straight through.
14:10 I received the order confirmaton, order no. and that I had paid for Saturday 7th delivery at £12.50 cost
17:23 I received the invoice status and delivery date 7th Nov. All good

Friday 06/11 00:45 I received an order status of my pre-ordered item. ETA 20/11... say what?!?
Friday 06/11 Requested call back. Never received one. I called most of the day and eventually got through to someone after a 45 minute wait
I was told I pre ordered an item on Thursday. I explaied this was nonsence as I ordered at 2pm and selected Saturday 07/11 delivery. The item was not showing pre order when I purchased it and I had paid for Saturday delivery at cost
The next time I looked at 3pm it was sold out.
I requested a manager callback but no-one called me back

My PC is being sold on Tuesday so in the meantime have ordered a 3800XT for £330.
Competitor 2 will be receiving an call tomorrow of me fuming at them.

I highly expect if I had selected ASAP Friday delivery instead of Saturday this would not have happened. All the 5900X will have been picked for Friday delivery, leaving none left for Saturday delivery (i.e. my item) even though I paid £12.50 for the Saturday delivery. No, I'm not happy at paying £12.50 for delivery that takes over 2 weeks!

Could you imagine if Apple had the same issues as AMD and Nvidia? Everyone ordering millions of phones on launch day but getting this kind of services from stores. The company would cave over night

Am I to assume this is the guys up in Bolton by any chance? I had the exact same experience if so! In the basket ordered and paid for multiple confirmations including the payment one by 2:12pm, paid for next day delivery stated the 6th delivery on said emails, so all was dandy until 8:45pm when I get an email about my pre-order stating it should arrive by the 20th I was like come again pre what now? They just said yeah we were busy soooo... had my queue position of 813 which I find a far departure from in stock and next day delivery and they aren't sure the 20th is going to happen either, they seem set on keeping the delivery money as they've mentioned it in the FAQ's too. I remeber the days of being able to go pre-order in advance you go put your name down and get said product on release it then went to put a deposit down and we will reserve you one, next we had pay for it upfront and get it on launch wheras now It's give us all the money and we might give you a product at some point we're not sure when though, this ain't no fu**ing kickstarter project they are multi billion dollar companies, it's just a crazy situation!!!!

KLM

KLM

Associate
Am I to assume this is the guys up in Bolton by any chance? I had the exact same experience if so! In the basket ordered and paid for multiple confirmations including the payment one by 2:12pm, paid for next day delivery stated the 6th delivery on said emails, so all was dandy until 8:45pm when I get an email about my pre-order stating it should arrive by the 20th I was like come again pre what now? They just said yeah we were busy soooo... had my queue position of 813 which I find a far departure from in stock and next day delivery and they aren't sure the 20th is going to happen either, they seem set on keeping the delivery money as they've mentioned it in the FAQ's too. I remeber the days of being able to go pre-order in advance you go put your name down and get said product on release it then went to put a deposit down and we will reserve you one, next we had pay for it upfront and get it on launch wheras now It's give us all the money and we might give you a product at some point we're not sure when though, this ain't no fu**ing kickstarter project they are multi billion dollar companies, it's just a crazy situation!!!!

This is exactly the same thing that happened to me. my issue is, I am build the pc as a xmas present so I need to know if the company in question is likely to receive 962 5900x's between now and the 22nd of December.

Associate
I actual purchased a 5900x from that place at 14:05 (email confirmation time) but for reasons unknown I was 1421 in the list and my order only contains a single bottle of biocide (which was 1 of 3 items in the order).

If I go for a 6800 or 6900Xt I know where I will be going an it eont be there.

Soldato

Exactly the same place. It's a competitor, I got suspended for hinting at names.

Same for me, but a few hundred lower down on the list
The plus side was that their site stayed up, the downsite of this is that thousands could order in seconds without them being able to control all the orders / stop orders processing. I paid Saturday delivery too which was confirmed.
Dump customer service too, I managed to get through on Friday after 45 mins waiting. I asked for a manager callback because of the massive **** up. No manager call back ever came

Soldato
Guys, you really need to know how these websites work to understand why something shows as in stock and then a pre order when you actually order.

The stock system and the website will be decoupled from each other and the website will only be updated every few minutes. That’s not normally an issue day to day but it creates problems when there are 10,000 people trying to buy the same product at the same time it’s very easy to blow way past what you have in stock. Changing this for a couple of launches every 2/3 years is disproportionate to the problem. New hardware releases are never this hyped or attract so many potential buyers and it’s very much the result of the current situation with everyone sat at home everyday with nothing to do and plenty of disposable income.

Even if that in stock figure was accurate at the time it showed it on your final check out screen, in the time it took you to press confirm order and the server actually processing your payment and order they will have had hundreds of other orders and that stock no longer exists by the time yours processes. It’s not allocated to you when you put it in your cart. As far as I am aware only one retailers system does that, everyone else it’s fastest to the payment processing and some types of payment take longer than others. That also just doesn’t apply to pc hardware, it’s only really things like concert/venue tickets that tend to be allocated on adding to cart.

I get that your frustrated but in reality there is nothing you can do about it or the retailer. The same thing happened on all the retailers sites around the world.

Keep calm and carry on and all that, venting frustrations at the internet isn’t going to help.

Associate
it’s very easy to blow way past what you have in stock
This is a bug and should not be acceptable.
Either at moment of adding item to basket or at start of payment actual reservation of item from stock must happen. It should not let you proceed if there is not enough stock. Or it should switch to explicit preorder mode.

Associate
Guys, you really need to know how these websites work to understand why something shows as in stock and then a pre order when you actually order.

The stock system and the website will be decoupled from each other and the website will only be updated every few minutes. That’s not normally an issue day to day but it creates problems when there are 10,000 people trying to buy the same product at the same time it’s very easy to blow way past what you have in stock. Changing this for a couple of launches every 2/3 years is disproportionate to the problem. New hardware releases are never this hyped or attract so many potential buyers and it’s very much the result of the current situation with everyone sat at home everyday with nothing to do and plenty of disposable income.

Even if that in stock figure was accurate at the time it showed it on your final check out screen, in the time it took you to press confirm order and the server actually processing your payment and order they will have had hundreds of other orders and that stock no longer exists by the time yours processes. It’s not allocated to you when you put it in your cart. As far as I am aware only one retailers system does that, everyone else it’s fastest to the payment processing and some types of payment take longer than others. That also just doesn’t apply to pc hardware, it’s only really things like concert/venue tickets that tend to be allocated on adding to cart.

I get that your frustrated but in reality there is nothing you can do about it or the retailer. The same thing happened on all the retailers sites around the world.

Keep calm and carry on and all that, venting frustrations at the internet isn’t going to help.

There is actually - there is two companies with zero problems when it comes to ordering - it either goes into your basket and you can order it or the order is rejected as you hit the payment stage.

Associate
I just canceled my order for 5900 and decided not to switch from mac to PC as if what apple said about M1 is true Intel and AMD are in big trouble. I'm using my machine for development and until now Docker was a big pain running due to its volumes mapping. ARM based systems are not having this problem and M1 matching the performance of 5900 and 5950 and being much cheaper is a game changer

Soldato

I've ordered many items that have been in high demand before - festival tickets and iPhones come to mind and never ordered and been told everything is all good then "no, you havent got one or it's not avaialble for 2, 3 or however many weeks"

I dont have a problem with mass orders and not being enough stock but correct communication is key!

If it said for example, 500 pieces of 5900X are available on launch day then we are receiving 500 each week after then all good. The first 500 people purchasing (in a minute) get allocated theirs then it changes to pre order or ETA, similar to buying iPhones directly.

Even some comms now would be good, on the lines of "We had only 200 on launch day, but are receiving 300 a week (or however many) so you will have yours based on queue position in x weeks

Not knowing how many they had on launch day to sell or how many they are receiving means it doenst matter if im no. 5 in the queue or 5000. If they had 1 to sell and receive 1 a month, im waiting a while! If they had 4000 and receive 1000 each week then great. 1 week wait

I'm, going to call and find out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom