• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I think I sold my 2080 too early, now I've got nothing :( what should I do?

Associate
not Amazon's fault you was a muppet and didn't read the market.

Sorry if being a Muppet offends your values in any way. I guess most people could perfectly anticipate that Nvidia and Samsung cannot supply enough GPU's for partners. That retailers would sell out pre-orders in minutes and take weeks (months) fulfilling said orders...

Soldato
I sold my 1080 Ti and did have 2nd thoughts after the release shortages. I had part exchanged an RX580 so tried that and would have stuck with it if I knew a GPU was imminent. Then the AMD GPUs were announced and decided I go for one of them instead. Replaced the RX580 with an RX 5600XT for £200 and turns out that can play games like Zero Dawn at 60 fps on a 2560 x 1440 display so hardly a great loss while waiting for the AMD release.

1660S or RX 5600XT would be my choices for a temporary GPU as they are good enough if you get stuck with them for a while.

Last edited:
Associate
I sold my 2X 2080 Ti 4 months ago because I was in middle of moving, got a 5700XT, had driver issues(don't ever buy AMD cards lol), then got a second hand 1080 Ti for £320, worked fine, failed to get 3090 or 3080, managed to get 3070 though, sold 1080 Ti for £300, happy days.

Soldato
Just buy a 1070 from the members market to tide you over. Sold mine the other day, for £155 so they aren't too expensive and are still decent performers. You won't lose too much money selling it on when you have the card you want.

Soldato
Sorry if being a Muppet offends your values in any way. I guess most people could perfectly anticipate that Nvidia and Samsung cannot supply enough GPU's for partners. That retailers would sell out pre-orders in minutes and take weeks (months) fulfilling said orders...

It was obvious, manufacturing had been shut down for months and everyone is playing catch up. Nvidia can't keep up with demand at the best of times.

What baffles me is why you'd sell your GPU before having a new one? If you enjoy playing games surely you'd wait, and if you're not bothered about games, why the rush to upgrade? Very odd.

Soldato
Hello all.

I sold my 2080 a few days after the 3080 came out and I can't get a 3080 anywhere! I'm stuck using my 9900K's iGPU and it SUCKS. I kinda panic sold my 2080 incase it plummeted in value and now I'm left with nothing! What should I do?? Cheers guys.

Thing is, you didn't actually need a new card in the first place, there was nothing wrong with your 2080, which is still a very good card.

Associate
Just get a used 1080 Ti, still better than that 2080 you had, oh wait, why didn't you just stay on Pascal? Big lols.

I mean if you needed HEVC sure...

-_-

Associate
Hello all.

I sold my 2080 a few days after the 3080 came out and I can't get a 3080 anywhere! I'm stuck using my 9900K's iGPU and it SUCKS. I kinda panic sold my 2080 incase it plummeted in value and now I'm left with nothing! What should I do?? Cheers guys.

Why would you sell a card before youve bought a new one ? :D

Your a special kind of stupid - your greed and imnpatience has bit you in the ass

Its like moving house - into the street..... lmao

Permabanned
Why would you sell a card before youve bought a new one ? :D

Your a special kind of stupid - your greed and imnpatience has bit you in the ass

Its like moving house - into the street..... lmao
Calm down dude while I couldn’t help smiling when I saw the thread title, he’s obviously made a mistake and will be a lesson learned doesn’t make him stupid or special.

And it’s in no way comparable to being homeless. A home is important and essential a gpu is not and quite easily expendable.

Associate
Calm down dude while I couldn’t help smiling when I saw the thread title, he’s obviously made a mistake and will be a lesson learned doesn’t make him stupid or special.

And it’s in no way comparable to being homeless. A home is important and essential a gpu is not and quite easily expendable.

Wonder if his work actually depends on having a 2080...

Obviously doesn't because he sold it, complaining here about not getting a new one, I went 3 months without a GPU, I'm not complaining.

Permabanned
Wonder if his work actually depends on having a 2080...

Obviously doesn't because he sold it, complaining here about not getting a new one, I went 3 months without a GPU, I'm not complaining.
He’s not complaining he’s admitted making a mistake and is now asking for advice. But yeah it’s not hard to pick up a book or go for a walk.

Back
Top Bottom