** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Which settings did you adjust in nv control panel out of interest?

I used this from a thread on the Nvidia Forums which helped a bit:
"Go into the nvidia control panel, go to the adjust desktop colour settings and untip the "other applications colour settings" box and tick the "Use Nvidia settings" one instead. Where it says "all channels", change that to blue and change the brightness and contrast of just the blue to try and desaturate the blue. If the entire picture looks washed out still, increase the red and greens instead and leave the blue as it is and see if that helps."

What brought it back to the way it was before (and someone earlier said to me this would be the case and was right) was a change in the colour settings. However not where I had been looking, I went here and found the problem:
  1. Go to the Settings app.
  2. Choose System in the main menu.
  3. Click Display.
  4. Click Advanced Display Settings.
  5. In advanced display settings I clicked on colour management.
  6. There were two profiles in there one for "Samsung..." and another for "sRGB display profile"
  7. When I set it to the sRGB display profile everything went back to looking great again.
Hope some of this helps!

Soldato
On the G7 with the 1009 update there is the very tiniest slightest smallest amount of flickering still when the vrr control is off and frame rate is low in menus ONLY but its totally gone once vrr control is enabled.

Previously i had to run MW4 at 100 FPS in menus to make flicker bearable but now its fine all the way down to 30 FPS if i wish.

Glad they fixed it after 4 months :)

Associate
Just ordered my replacement G9, so hopefully I get a good one tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to trying it out with my 3080 after using a 2080 last time. I think even if there are issues, I'm gonna keep hold of it for the full 28 days (unless there's a serious issue) instead of sending it back after a week like I did last month.

Associate
The G93 is now back in stock at Samsung, ordered one for delivery tomorrow, let's hope it's perfect!

The Employee/Student discount store price is now higher than it was when I bought the first one. As I asked for a replacement but they refunded me due to no stock I called and they sent me a promo code to return it to the £1023 I paid originally.

Associate
The G93 is now back in stock at Samsung, ordered one for delivery tomorrow, let's hope it's perfect!

The Employee/Student discount store price is now higher than it was when I bought the first one. As I asked for a replacement but they refunded me due to no stock I called and they sent me a promo code to return it to the £1023 I paid originally.

that’s good service!

Soldato
I used this from a thread on the Nvidia Forums which helped a bit:
"Go into the nvidia control panel, go to the adjust desktop colour settings and untip the "other applications colour settings" box and tick the "Use Nvidia settings" one instead. Where it says "all channels", change that to blue and change the brightness and contrast of just the blue to try and desaturate the blue. If the entire picture looks washed out still, increase the red and greens instead and leave the blue as it is and see if that helps."

What brought it back to the way it was before (and someone earlier said to me this would be the case and was right) was a change in the colour settings. However not where I had been looking, I went here and found the problem:
  1. Go to the Settings app.
  2. Choose System in the main menu.
  3. Click Display.
  4. Click Advanced Display Settings.
  5. In advanced display settings I clicked on colour management.
  6. There were two profiles in there one for "Samsung..." and another for "sRGB display profile"
  7. When I set it to the sRGB display profile everything went back to looking great again.
Hope some of this helps!

Just looks the same for me tbh!

Associate
Your settings were probably fine after the firmware update, mine had gone washed out which appears to have been somethng to do with one of the profiles in advanced display settings.

Associate
So this is new... Samsung store delivery is not coming from DPD but some company I've not heard of before called Panther:

Delivery to Consumer
Two man crew deliver to consumer's room of choice, unpack the item, clean it and remove the packaging.

...okay...
1) Not happy about two people being inside the house for 20 mins during Corona lockdown. People who's job is to visit other people's houses.

2) Not happy about them taking away the packaging, there is a high chance I will have to send it back!

I think I'll ask them to leave it in the box at the front door...

Associate
So this is new... Samsung store delivery is not coming from DPD but some company I've not heard of before called Panther:

...okay...
1) Not happy about two people being inside the house for 20 mins during Corona lockdown. People who's job is to visit other people's houses.

2) Not happy about them taking away the packaging, there is a high chance I will have to send it back!

Yeah, I was reading about that too, I'm sure it's completely optional. Especially considering you actually need to assemble and attach the stand while it's still in the box. I think it's more for stuff like mattresses and other furniture that they seem to frequently deliver. I definitely preferred DPD though, one person is fine. I'm definitely gonna tell them to leave it by the door. Plus like you said, if you need to return the item what are we supposed to do then? We need the box.

Oh wow, yeah. I'm glad I ordered mine right away then as I got it for £1023 too without having to call up. Shame they bumped up the price, I really hope I don't need to return this one and they end up not having stock, requiring me to pay more. But glad they offered you a discount, that's good customer service.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine is an August build too and I can see a bit of flicker in some loading screens, but none in game. No other problems to report, it's an amazing monitor. I have hooked up the Tobii Eye Tracker and it brings another level of immersion to sim racing.

I investigated the Tobii Eye Tracker, and recall them mentioning it is not recommended for even smaller, less-radically-curved monitors because it is not able to accurately place the cursor out to the sides. Are you using your eyes mostly around the center third or so of the monitor, or can you go out further than that? I would VERY much like to use my soon-to-arrive G9 with Microsoft's AMAZING new Flight Simulator!! I can't even imagine the immersion!! Throw in a good HOTAS/Pedal setup and I could work on my piloting skills and then use Tobii for analyzing/improving my scans/skills.

Associate

...okay...

They always use Panther for 2 man deliveries (for larger TVs, fridges, washing machines, etc). DPD don't offer a 2 man service. The extra is entirely optional and actually is usually something that they charge 25 quid for...Certainly for washing machines, though that includes installation. The Odyssey box can be carried by one guy though, so I'd guess they would just have one person bring it to your door anyway...

Associate
Oh wow, yeah. I'm glad I ordered mine right away then as I got it for £1023 too without having to call up. Shame they bumped up the price, I really hope I don't need to return this one and they end up not having stock, requiring me to pay more. But glad they offered you a discount, that's good customer service.

The EPP store discount has been reduced to 10%, it was 20%.

That discount change must have happened around the middle of the day yesterday then. Maybe they just noticed it was too high after stock appeared.

Yeah it was good of them to do that. Service good all round really other than not QAing the units.

Yeah I hope this one is a good one!

They always use Panther for 2 man deliveries (for larger TVs, fridges, washing machines, etc). DPD don't offer a 2 man service. .

Thanks, makes sense.
Last time I found the box surprisingly manageable, the DPD guy looked like he could have balanced it on his finger.
Maybe this is Samsung's response to all the returns... Issues are caused by delivery... Right... ;)

Associate
I investigated the Tobii Eye Tracker, and recall them mentioning it is not recommended for even smaller, less-radically-curved monitors because it is not able to accurately place the cursor out to the sides. Are you using your eyes mostly around the center third or so of the monitor, or can you go out further than that? I would VERY much like to use my soon-to-arrive G9 with Microsoft's AMAZING new Flight Simulator!! I can't even imagine the immersion!! Throw in a good HOTAS/Pedal setup and I could work on my piloting skills and then use Tobii for analyzing/improving my scans/skills.

I've tried it with F1 2020 as it is an officially supported title and the eye tracking works almost perfectly out to the very edges of the monitor (I find I don't need to look to the extreme edges). One issue you might have is with distance - you need to sit 1m back from the G49 and the eye tracker only works out to 90cm or so. I had an adjustable suction cup mount lying around for an old go-pro camera, so I mounted the eye tracker to that and put it closer to me at the front of my desk and problem solved!

Associate
Mine arrived today, no dead pixels and that blue vignette I had on the old one doesn't seem to be there, so that's already an improvement. I couldn't get 240hz to work on my 3080 until I downloaded that hotfix driver. I'm curious, does that mean I don't get the benefits of new Game Ready Drivers? I intend to play Cold War later this week, so I would like to have the latest drivers for them. It's kind of stupid that their new drivers they release don't include what was fixed in this hotfix.

Associate
I'm curious, does that mean I don't get the benefits of new Game Ready Drivers? I intend to play Cold War later this week, so I would like to have the latest drivers for them. It's kind of stupid that their new drivers they release don't include what was fixed in this hotfix.

Basically, yes. I ended up just updating to the latest Nvidia game driver and running the monitor at 120Hz. Figured I'm not likely to get more than 120fps anyway in most games at native res, so it doesn't really make a lot of difference...

Nice on getting a good model though!

Associate
Mine arrived today, no dead pixels and that blue vignette I had on the old one doesn't seem to be there, so that's already an improvement. I couldn't get 240hz to work on my 3080 until I downloaded that hotfix driver. I'm curious, does that mean I don't get the benefits of new Game Ready Drivers? I intend to play Cold War later this week, so I would like to have the latest drivers for them. It's kind of stupid that their new drivers they release don't include what was fixed in this hotfix.
I downloaded the hotfix for my 3080 as well. I have subsequently downloaded each new release of the game ready nvidia drivers and the fix still works.

Associate
i received my new 5950x ryzen cpu and was surprised than when i loaded up warzone the flicker was gone now in the menus this could have been merely a coincidence but for some reason i had flicker on this game with my 9900k 2080ti setup and since changing motherboard and cpu only i now have no flicker whatsoever

Associate
Basically, yes. I ended up just updating to the latest Nvidia game driver and running the monitor at 120Hz. Figured I'm not likely to get more than 120fps anyway in most games at native res, so it doesn't really make a lot of difference...

Nice on getting a good model though!

Yeah, I think for most games I won't be getting over 120. Playing DOOM Eternal right now and hitting 130-160, so I guess it depends on the game. I doubt I'll get 120 on Cold War with good settings and I definitely won't on Cyberpunk.

I downloaded the hotfix for my 3080 as well. I have subsequently downloaded each new release of the game ready nvidia drivers and the fix still works.

Oh nice, so I just need to install the fix and then I can download the newer drivers. I'll give that a go a bit later, thanks!

Associate
Can anyone give me the size of this from the back to the front of the screen if it was against a wall guys. Wondering if it will actually fit on my desk with the stand the website says its 16.5 inches from back to front but seems a little high so wondering if this is just the widest part.

Associate

Interesting..not sure I can be bothered to uninstall, install older driver, then install newer ones. I'll just put up with it for now and hope they fix it in the future... :)

Back
Top Bottom