Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
Stopped playing after the 3rd DLC i think, hows the game doing now and is the player base healthy?

Player base is very healthy, or at least it was pre-beyond light. I can see it slimming down with everything thats being vaulted along side the existing weapon pool remaining in game yet being unusable.

Its been known for a while now that bungies heart is in the PvP sector of the game not the PvE sector the game was initially aimed at.

Soldato
Manged to get in. I hadn't completed Shadowkeep. It feels like they've cut half the story.

Unless you have Beyond Light it all seems so empty.

Its been known for a while now that bungies heart is in the PvP sector of the game not the PvE sector the game was initially aimed at.

In which case that is me done with. I enjoyed doing all the quests.

I only started really playing it properly in June this year starting right from the beginning.

Last edited:
Soldato
They've killed it, all sandbox changes were PvP based, plus now you have the choice of pretty much ~10 legendary weapons per slot rather then the ~50 we had a week ago. So so glad I waited for BL to release before deciding to buy it, the remaining destinations are pretty much unusuable as it is, well of course, unless you buy BL to get all of Europa/cosmo.

Soldato
Is it?

the PvP was full of hackers, cant care that much about it.

have they got a decent anti cheat now? i only played for trials but until they fix that I'm done.

It is/was. A few weeks ago bungie pit a cease and desist order to one of the main creators of hacks which killed a good bit off, they also made some engine changes with beyond light that makes implementation of a better anti cheat system easier - or so we're told.

Managed to get back on this morning, for those that it interests there's a glitch with a lost sector that can get you to power level 1200 (soft cap) in around an hour.

I'm struggling to see what I'm missing with beyond light as a paid for expansion, on the surface of it paying gets me the campaign and access to one strike and likely the new raid, that's it? Think I'll be sitting tight until beyond light hits the game pass in January.

Soldato

Disagree with this - I think one of Destiny's biggest problems is that it tries to be a jack of all trades. They want an active competitive PVP scene, they want the hardcore raiders, and they want it to be friendly enough for casuals to dip in and out of.

Interested to see if there is any data that shows the split of the active player base by mainly PVE vs. mainly PVP.

Su

Soldato
Disagree with this - I think one of Destiny's biggest problems is that it tries to be a jack of all trades. They want an active competitive PVP scene, they want the hardcore raiders, and they want it to be friendly enough for casuals to dip in and out of.

Interested to see if there is any data that shows the split of the active player base by mainly PVE vs. mainly PVP.

Su

Thats a fair point entirely. Though 95% of all nerfs, balances and general sand box changes, that effect both PVP and PVE stem from issues on the PVP side, why on earth they don't apply nerfs on a per-activity basis is beyond me.

Anyhow, do this if you want to get to the soft cap of 1200 ultra quick, and do it soon as it will likely be patched: Head to trostland on the EDZ, go to the widows walk lost sector. Once you've completed the lost sector head back out until you get the prompt on the left of your screen saying you're back in Trostland. Turn around and do the lost sector again. The 'Wanted' Captain in this lost sector for reasons no one know is ALWAYS dropping a legendary item that is ALWAYS ~+10 of your current power level. Remeber you do NOT need to equip these dropped items to proc higher and higher drops, just keep the highest power item in you inventory and the game works out your highest possible level based from that. Enjoy.

Associate
Havn't played Destiny 2 since launch, have none of the expansions... is there any point getting into it now or do you really need Beyond light?

Associate
Is the Monument of Lost Lights flashing at me for a reason? I hate flashing things and will always try and get rid of them but I go in and there's nothing obvious that I'm supposed to do...

Soldato
Havn't played Destiny 2 since launch, have none of the expansions... is there any point getting into it now or do you really need Beyond light?

You could quite easily just start with forsaken+shadow keep, I'm not seeing a great deal you'd be missing out on by leaving beyond light at the moment. You should be able to nab FS+SK for ~£20-25 for the pair. Arguably easier to 'get into' now as there is far far less going on.

Anyone managed to land the new wave frame grenade launcher? I love Martyrs retribution, though this one is void damage, should be worth using.

Back
Top Bottom