* The Metal Thread *

Associate
Anyone listen to some Crowbar? Really into them right now, real heavy + slow i believe its known as “sludge metal” sounds fantastic on my home system, have linked a couple of my favourites below.

Thanks for posting this BTW, I've now got around to listening to more and I agree they're fantastic. They're definitely pretty unique, I love Windstein's style of riff writing.

Don
Out of interest how does everyone keep in the loop regarding new music and such? Do people use spotify etc? I struggle to keep on top of bands that have released new stuff, new bands etc. Spotify was okay for it but there was so much that annoyed me with it but I am proper anal about my music collection, play counts are a biggy for me!

Soldato
Out of interest how does everyone keep in the loop regarding new music and such? Do people use spotify etc? I struggle to keep on top of bands that have released new stuff, new bands etc. Spotify was okay for it but there was so much that annoyed me with it but I am proper anal about my music collection, play counts are a biggy for me!

I just use Apple Music and look at things like related artists, it also tells me when a band releases their new album etc. Also use YouTube. Honestly a lot of what I enjoy isn't available on AM/Spotify, really niche one man bands but it keeps me happy for the normal stuff.

Associate

I've come across a few metalheads on Twitch that has been doing various music streams checking out new bands, usually it is bands on smaller labels and within the death/black/metalcore genres etc. But they got a good fanbase that also can recommend a lot of other new stuff. Otherwise I get a lot of it from some metal groups on facebook and spotify.

Soldato

mainly youtube, i'm subscribed to a couple of Metal YTubers who do collection updates.
also bandcamp and FB (to a lesser degree). you get updates from the bands on FB

it's impossible to keep up with it all no matter how hard you try. it's not a captive audience any more
choice is ours and it's endless :eek:

getting into ne obliviscaris, not normally my bag but this is good

something older, love the vocals on this album

does anyone like Placebo? not metal but they are quite heavy live. would love to have been here. only seen them once like 20 years ago. their last album is fantastic 'loud like love'

Soldato
I've come across a few metalheads on Twitch that has been doing various music streams checking out new bands, usually it is bands on smaller labels and within the death/black/metalcore genres etc. But they got a good fanbase that also can recommend a lot of other new stuff. Otherwise I get a lot of it from some metal groups on facebook and spotify.

Any good ones to watch on twitch? I've watched one called "moshtalks" but the guy is a bit annoying and is in to really heavy and brutal stuff. I'm more into melodic stuff like Sabaton, Nightwish, Iron Maiden ect.

Back
Top Bottom