Best metal laptop (Looking for guidance)

Associate
Hi All, I wonder if you can help.

I recently purchase a huawei matebook 13 - the cheaper amd version. Love the build quality but decided now to sell it. Mainly due to the battery life being very poor.

In light of this, i have decided to spend a little more, up to £1000. I'm looking for your help on what would be the best, bang for buck laptop. I would ideally like it to be 13 inch or would also look at 14inch.

Many thanks :)

Associate
Hi All, I wonder if you can help.

I recently purchase a huawei matebook 13 - the cheaper amd version. Love the build quality but decided now to sell it. Mainly due to the battery life being very poor.

In light of this, i have decided to spend a little more, up to £1000. I'm looking for your help on what would be the best, bang for buck laptop. I would ideally like it to be 13 inch or would also look at 14inch.

Many thanks :)

What will you be using the laptop for?

Associate
OP
What will you be using the laptop for?
Hey Misjah - Just for general internet use. Although i wouldn't mind something that packs a little punch for some light gaming. Essentially, the best that money can buy for in region of £1000 13/14inch with ideally an all metal shell.

I was looking at
ASUS ZenBook UX425JA 14" Laptop - Intel® Core™ i5, 512 GB SSD, Grey

The only thing that has made me hesitant is that it's only 8gb ram and i don't believe it's entirely metal the shell for durability. But i do love the long battery life of 22 hrs.

Soldato
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 5, with a Ryzen 4700u, 16gb RAM and a 512gb SSD and it absolutely flies, and manages gaming reasonably well. Cost me about £675. I came from a Macbook Pro and expected to be really disappointed in the build quality, and I've been pleasantly surprised. If you configure it right, it's mostly metal (metal lid and palm rest) with a plastic underside, but for the price it feels incredibly solid.

Back
Top Bottom