Nurse arrested for murdering babies

Soldato
Innocent until proven guilty.

This case has dragged on for a few years. She has been arrested several times before and questioned, but never charged until now.

Both my daughters were born at the countess. I just remember a busy unit with some very caring staff - they must all be horrified.

Caporegime
I would wait for the court case and more details before casting judgement.

Police were called in by the hospital in May 2017 after a 2016 report from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health found staffing at the unit was inadequate.

Whether that means the staff are poorly trained or they are just understaffed I don't know but I think hiring one bad egg looks better for the hospital than systemic failure. I'm assuming the police must have fairly solid evidence to charge her for the murder and attempted murder of 18 babies but then again if they've arrested her multiple times before it sounds like they don't.

Caporegime
What compels someone to do something truly evil like this? :confused:

Actually, I'm calling it now. She probably discovered she could not have children of her own, and so she started taking it out on new parents who were about to have the family she could only wish for. That, or she's just crazy.

Associate
It's obviously a very complicated case considering what is presumably a suspected serial killer has been arrested, released, arrested, released, & now arrested again.
Innocent or guilty, her life is ruined either way.

Caporegime
What is it with the Daily Mail and house prices?

Following her previous arrests, Letby's £180,000 home in the Blacon area of Chester was searched by police, as was her parents' in Hereford.

Soldato
OP
I was reading on Reddit and someone was saying that this number of deaths on a neonatal unit was "normal". Unfortunately lots of babies don't make it, which is sad but it's what happens.

Man of Honour
Maybe she is guilty. Maybe she isn't. But innocent until proven guilty. Some people here would lynch her right now. I hope you're never on my jury.

Caporegime
I don't think its right for someones name and picture to be in the news when they haven't yet been found guilty of something. It can ruin lives of innocent people, and indeed it has done.

Back
Top Bottom