*** Rocket League *** Car Football

Associate
Try snow day (ice hockey) too if you like it, I was plat, got into diamond there, tho I've made it to diamond in 3s since, will probably be hard to get past gold in drop shot till you can aerial pretty well.

Underboss
Try snow day (ice hockey) too if you like it, I was plat, got into diamond there, tho I've made it to diamond in 3s since, will probably be hard to get past gold in drop shot till you can aerial pretty well.

i tried all of the extra modes, this one i dont like

Im gold 3 in Dropshot, so close to plat

im about later if anyone wants to join

work tomorrow, so i wont be on all night

Soldato
I've been playing RL for quite a while. Continue to be not terribly good at it though!
I hover around the top of Plat / bottom of Diamond in the normal game. In Snow Day (which takes a fair bit of getting used to, but is a great version once you do) I can sometimes just about make it into Champ.

My problems are twofold:
1) I really can't be bothered to do all the training and practicing that good players do. So I don't really improve much.
2) I play to the level of my team. Some psychological block or something. So in a good team, I hold my own - but when I play with / against people who I know I'm better than, I don't stand out. :D

I'll happily play with others if anyone wants to.

Soldato
using keyboard and mouse (yes i know i should be using a controller)

im more interest in my VR now i have a quest , so im not playing this at the moment
It's not a major issue, just one thing to note is that the longer you play the harder it becomes to switch, if you decide to later on.

Associate
2) I play to the level of my team. Some psychological block or something. So in a good team, I hold my own - but when I play with / against people who I know I'm better than, I don't stand out.

It's pretty hard to predict what worse players are gonna do, that might be the issue.

Soldato
It's pretty hard to predict what worse players are gonna do, that might be the issue.

I like that, thanks for the excuse. I'm pretty sure I'm just terrible, but let's go with that. :)

Here's a question: Has anyone who plays it on PC tried playing it on Switch? And if you have, did you find it's almost completely unplayable? I dunno if it's input lag or something, but I can barely hit the ball on Switch. I was looking forward to dominating some noobs too... ;)

Soldato
I like that, thanks for the excuse. I'm pretty sure I'm just terrible, but let's go with that. :)

Here's a question: Has anyone who plays it on PC tried playing it on Switch? And if you have, did you find it's almost completely unplayable? I dunno if it's input lag or something, but I can barely hit the ball on Switch. I was looking forward to dominating some noobs too... ;)

Yeah....it's rough on the Switch. Even on my monitor with a pro controller it's in a different league of control compared to PC; so much input lag and I find my ping is so unstable a lot of the time. Even on performance mode I find the FPS jitters about a lot too, and I can't do anything near the level of what I can do PC.

It's a great idea to have it on the move, but it's a very frustrating experience.

Soldato
Who on earth at Psyonix makes the UI decisions.
Why did they think that party up should be the default highlighted option at the end of the game, instead of play again? It's not even at the top of the list its 3rd.
I would love to hear how this conversation went when they made this decision.

Soldato
Who on earth at Psyonix makes the UI decisions.
Why did they think that party up should be the default highlighted option at the end of the game, instead of play again? It's not even at the top of the list its 3rd.
I would love to hear how this conversation went when they made this decision.

Psyonix are alwasy gonna psyonix!

Some of their decisions are mental

Soldato
I thought I was suddenly unaccountably popular when suddenly people were constantly asking to party up. But the clue of them then immediately quitting gave away the truth...

Soldato
WTF, I went to load up this game for the first time in a while, I ahve to sign into my epic games account even though I am trying to play the game through Steam as I ahve always done previously?

Back
Top Bottom