• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Stock Update 11-Nov - thanks you! but...

Associate
Firstly I for one want to say thank you for the huge update on stocket today 11-Nov. :D :D

One observation is the Asus 3080 TUF nonOC appears to no longer being provided by Asus.

Scanning the internet last few weeks their is number of tweets, forums post (Asus and other) referring to the card has been put in EoL (End of Life) by Asus.

Is this true, can you confirm with Asus and if true how will ocUK support their very patient pre-order customers (11wks) to gain a 3080 card at the price they pre-ordered and the money ocUK has been holding for last 11wks?

Will our order just be cancelled by ocUK and force the customer to re-order and join new queue position?

Its very disheartening and unprofessional of Asus to not provide any information via their forums, or to suppliers like ocUK. Do they know, do they even care? How can we your customers support you as 1 group voice towards Asus to gain an response/confirmation?

I for one have been putting together a £2000+ new build around the this 3080, but tbh I for one am seriously thinking of talking with my wallet and picking a different manufacturer.

Associate
Damn, the Asus 3080 tuf gaming (non OC) was top of my list, wtf is going on with these manufacturers!

I bet they will get rid of the cheaper non overclocked cards and then put their prices up for the rest, look at some of them just now, over £900 for a 3080 that started out at £650+ with the founders edition(albeit the others are factory overclocked)
and just to kick us when we're down, Nvidia offering Black Ops Cold War for free when purchasing a 3080/90
I bet that offer disappears when stock becomes available.

Associate
OP
I’d just cancel and move to looking on sites with no wait list.

I would logically do this if a reasonable an fair option, but the point is Asus 3080 TUF is no where available UK, US, Canada, etc. Plus if you cancel now you be paying £150+ more for the same card, so I rather not be penalised for choosing Asus in the first place at launch.

Associate
Did you read this in gibbos update post ?
“Asus none OC cards.
I finally got an official answer from Asus, none OC cards are not discontinued and still very much part of the range, however as cards are hitting OC levels they are prioritising their manufacturing on OC parts at the moment and as they get more GPUs from NVIDIA they will then also product none OC cards, not the best news as it means their focus is OC models but the none OC models will come.

All partners saying same, nowhere near enough GPU's are coming from NVIDIA, however NVIDIA have informed me the numbers are ramping up so November should see things improve but this worldwide shortage will no doubt continue into early 2021.”

Associate
OP
Did you read this in gibbos update post ?
“Asus none OC cards.
I finally got an official answer from Asus, none OC cards are not discontinued and still very much part of the range, however as cards are hitting OC levels they are prioritising their manufacturing on OC parts at the moment and as they get more GPUs from NVIDIA they will then also product none OC cards, not the best news as it means their focus is OC models but the none OC models will come.

All partners saying same, nowhere near enough GPU's are coming from NVIDIA, however NVIDIA have informed me the numbers are ramping up so November should see things improve but this worldwide shortage will no doubt continue into early 2021.”

Yes thanks - saw this :)

But it doesnt change some of my questions really.

So lets say manufacturing of the chip is producing 90% OC capable chips, then that leave worldwide 10% to make Asus 3080 Tuf. Thats a supply issue and Asus should be communicating that stock supply issue or better yet just stop making a card you cannot make in supply.

From an ocUK point of view, and to keep customers already paid and been waiting getting 3 mths now, as a company with a great reputation with their customers, why not offer those customers the OC version of Asus Tuf for same price they paid (baring in mind they had our money in their account for nearly 3mths earning interest).

Their comes a time in business (yes I have run one) where you have to make a decision on whats fair and responsible to maintain the integrity and respect of your customers, i.e is it worth loosing them/portion/impact your public company integrity with all the years of the time and effort to earn it, due to one bad supply issue which you could be alleviate by you on good will.

Associate
Tough position for OCUK as they've been told the non-OC version will be made. Isn't there a big queue for the OC version? What happens if OCUK swaps lots of people from the non-OC queue to the OC queue and then Asus halt OC production to concentrate on the non-OC card?

Soldato
Yes thanks - saw this :)

But it doesnt change some of my questions really.

So lets say manufacturing of the chip is producing 90% OC capable chips, then that leave worldwide 10% to make Asus 3080 Tuf. Thats a supply issue and Asus should be communicating that stock supply issue or better yet just stop making a card you cannot make in supply.

From an ocUK point of view, and to keep customers already paid and been waiting getting 3 mths now, as a company with a great reputation with their customers, why not offer those customers the OC version of Asus Tuf for same price they paid (baring in mind they had our money in their account for nearly 3mths earning interest).

Their comes a time in business (yes I have run one) where you have to make a decision on whats fair and responsible to maintain the integrity and respect of your customers, i.e is it worth loosing them/portion/impact your public company integrity with all the years of the time and effort to earn it, due to one bad supply issue which you could be alleviate by you on good will.

Tbf every single chip hits over 1800mhz and always has so since supply is limited then they're going to put the OC bios on the cards and make £50 more as it just makes financial sense doing so.

Once they have more OC versions than they can sell then they will start making the non OC versions.

Back
Top Bottom