• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
Imo overclockers should not be taking orders for such a huge backlog, I would never have imagined that I would be waiting 2 months minimum for a damn cpu .
Especially as its all estimates. Unless AMD have promised of course that they can get thousands to OcUK in the next x months. The whole ETA thing is rather annoying.
iPhone pre orders are never ‘ETA’

Associate
Especially as its all estimates. Unless AMD have promised of course that they can get thousands to OcUK in the next x months. The whole ETA thing is rather annoying.
iPhone pre orders are never ‘ETA’

yeah not to mention she said MINIMUM 7+ weeks lol . Like what does that even mean

Soldato
Sorry if this has already been posted....
OcUK have now raised the price of the 5950X to £860!! Wow. £750 announced, then £800, now £860.
That truly is taking the mick.

Soldato
Sorry if this has already been posted....
OcUK have now raised the price of the 5950X to £860!! Wow. £750 announced, then £800, now £860.
That truly is taking the mick.

The thing I find even more crazy is people are buying them. That said I know many people running cars on expensive PCP agreements paying double over time of just running a car longer or buying a year or two old. By comparison an extra £100 on a CPU is chicken feed.

Associate
I got my que position from the other retailer.

191 in the que for the 5950x

not bad but not good but hey ho, its the only part i am waiting on now to get my new system up and running.

Not been with AMD CPU since the K6, so looking forward to this.

No doubt will be doing this all over again when the 6800 or 6900 comes out.

quick edit

Other retailor there is todays update which no stock arrived yesterday :(

Soldato
By comparison an extra £100 on a CPU is chicken feed.
Yep, many people used, for example to eat out once a week say, £50 a time for a couple. This month that isn't happening so there's a £200 cash saving in just a month. So, yeah these price hikes are disappointing but there's enough people out there for who an extra £100 on a component they may keep for several years is trivial. Sucks for the rest of us though!

Soldato
I would be interested to see what the next 5900X / 5950X goes for on an auction website with guaranteed next day delivery, a 99p listing with no reserve.
When mine arrived I of course won't be selling it as have no computer but the demand is crazy. I'm going to guess at double for both 5900X and 5950X

Soldato
I think it's the principle of the thing though. Feels like it's edging into pure greed to increase the price purely to make a much much bigger profit.
I think most people happily pay for a fair/reasonable profit, and happily deal with companies make such a profit.

If you a company is just looking like they're making huge profits on an item, you'll shop elsewhere.

I dunno, maybe OcUK are setting prices as high as they can in order to stay afloat.

Soldato
I think it's the principle of the thing though. Feels like it's edging into pure greed to increase the price purely to make a much much bigger profit.
I think most people happily pay for a fair/reasonable profit, and happily deal with companies make such a profit.

If you a company is just looking like they're making huge profits on an item, you'll shop elsewhere.

I dunno, maybe OcUK are setting prices as high as they can in order to stay afloat.
It's probably just making up for the loss of profit by not having enough units to sell to all that wanted.

Associate
I think so, this is my first time using OcUK for pre orders, but there was an official post somewhere stating that queue updates would be given on a Friday, or when a new shipment goes out
Good to know, I found a Faq from another supplier that looks to be updated regularly enough but no sign of one from OcUK.

It's my first pre order too

Back
Top Bottom