** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Can anyone give me the size of this from the back to the front of the screen if it was against a wall guys. Wondering if it will actually fit on my desk with the stand the website says its 16.5 inches from back to front but seems a little high so wondering if this is just the widest part.

How big is your desk? Mine is 80cm deep and is against a wall, I don't think I'd want to use this monitor on a desk any less deep than that. 16.5 inches seems pretty accurate. Bearing in mind there's quite a hefty curve on the monitor...

Associate
I downloaded the hotfix for my 3080 as well. I have subsequently downloaded each new release of the game ready nvidia drivers and the fix still works.

I just installed the latest drivers and I'm back to having a black screen on 240hz. Are you on the latest drivers the Cold War ones?

Even on the hotfix driver I'm having issues running certain games like Modern Warfare and Resident Evil 3 at 240hz. Just constantly flickers a black screen every few seconds.

Last edited:
Associate
I just installed the latest drivers and I'm back to having a black screen on 240hz. Are you on the latest drivers the Cold War ones?

Even on the hotfix driver I'm having issues running certain games like Modern Warfare and Resident Evil 3 at 240hz. Just constantly flickers a black screen every few seconds.
Im using 457.3. 240hz works fine

Associate
How big is your desk? Mine is 80cm deep and is against a wall, I don't think I'd want to use this monitor on a desk any less deep than that. 16.5 inches seems pretty accurate. Bearing in mind there's quite a hefty curve on the monitor...

My white Ikea Fredde desk seemed to fit perfectly for it.

Associate
Ok, returning my 2nd monitor - for four reasons:
1) Coil whine / buzzing coming out the back, near the onboard PSU. Not particularly loud, but can be heard in a quiet room when I have the brightness up. First monitor never had this.
2) When the monitor is in standby, I can hear a constant ticking noise near the PSU. Again this is not loud but does indicate some kind of issue.
3) Slight white screen flickering (full screen) when hovering the mouse over an active window, like an in game menu for example. Tried 4 different USB sticks - all formatted correctly - but the monitor will not recognize the latest (M-T9549GGAA-1006.2[BC89].img) firmware. Have tried 3rd party formatting tool.
4) Cracking/popping -this seems to come from two sources. One is the plastic as I can replicate the noise when, carefully, pinching the the back covering. The second comes from the power source. I ever had a "crack" approximately 2 hours after turning it off the other day.

I will carry on till I get a good unit, as I'm in love with this monitor. :)

This was a post I made a week ago. OC came and got the monitor, then I got an email 4 days later saying their three technicians could not find a thing wrong with the monitor, they each spent a few hours playing Doom Eternal as a test. They didn't specify that they could update the firmware, they couldn't find the flickering - when I even showed it to my partner and it was not just one game (when you hovered over a menu item in game, the whole screen would flicker, not bad, but enough to notice!). They didn't hear the "tick tick tick..." down by the power socket when in standby, again my partner heard it. Not that serious, but could it get worse? And most grating, they couldn't hear the cracking noise. Now, the noise was worst when booting, or immediately after playing - assuming when the screen was cooling - playing a game. When turning the monitor off the other day, I got a crack (monitor is in the front room) 1.5 hours after I turned it off. Additionally, they couldn't hear the buzz coming out of the back of the monitor (monitor 1 didn't have this noise). My front room is quite when I work and I could hear it.

Now, for £1250 I would receive the same monitor back, after 3 techs would have played on it for a while (say if they scratched it?), with none of my concerns raised or accepted. Na, I'm out. :)
I had 4 CRG49s when they first came out - each had their issues - I'm not going through this again. It's a lovely monitor, great picture ( did find a lot of my games suffered from fish eye) but Samsung QC is a lottery!
Soo, I plan on getting the LG CX48 or the ROG Swift PG48QU. I have been running the ROG PG348Q for 4 years with no issues whatsoever, quality builds and QC.

Good luck to everyone, a high percentage of you will need it :)

Associate
How are your guys' HDR experience with the G9? I feel like in some games it looks great, but in others the colours worse than SDR. Just tried it out in Cold War now and I feel like the colours aren't as vibrant as they are in SDR. Honestly, I've never really had a HDR display so I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to look like.

Associate
32 inch arrived today, 2 dead pixels so have to RMA :( Panel does seem a little washed out are there any specific settings that are worth changing from out of the box?

Associate
G93 received from Samsung store, it's an N9. Seems okay so far: no dead pixels, no light bleed, no bezel peeling.

Still has the 1/2cm slightly dark/faded strip across the bottom but it's slight so I can ignore it.

Still on old firmware, not sure I've heard any confident reasons on here for upgrading.

Associate
This was a post I made a week ago. OC came and got the monitor, then I got an email 4 days later saying their three technicians could not find a thing wrong with the monitor, they each spent a few hours playing Doom Eternal as a test. They didn't specify that they could update the firmware, they couldn't find the flickering - when I even showed it to my partner and it was not just one game (when you hovered over a menu item in game, the whole screen would flicker, not bad, but enough to notice!). They didn't hear the "tick tick tick..." down by the power socket when in standby, again my partner heard it. Not that serious, but could it get worse? And most grating, they couldn't hear the cracking noise. Now, the noise was worst when booting, or immediately after playing - assuming when the screen was cooling - playing a game. When turning the monitor off the other day, I got a crack (monitor is in the front room) 1.5 hours after I turned it off. Additionally, they couldn't hear the buzz coming out of the back of the monitor (monitor 1 didn't have this noise). My front room is quite when I work and I could hear it.

Now, for £1250 I would receive the same monitor back, after 3 techs would have played on it for a while (say if they scratched it?), with none of my concerns raised or accepted. Na, I'm out. :)
I had 4 CRG49s when they first came out - each had their issues - I'm not going through this again. It's a lovely monitor, great picture ( did find a lot of my games suffered from fish eye) but Samsung QC is a lottery!
Soo, I plan on getting the LG CX48 or the ROG Swift PG48QU. I have been running the ROG PG348Q for 4 years with no issues whatsoever, quality builds and QC.

One common denominator here is power. My apologies if I`m `teaching you to suck eggs` but have you checked your domestic supply for voltage fluctuations ? Do your lights ever flicker briefly randomly? This can be a problem in older wiring, and can be solved using a voltage regulator.
Worth checking with your friendly neighbourhood electrician.

Last edited:
Associate
One common denominator here is power. My apologies if I`m `teaching you to suck eggs` but have you checked your domestic supply for voltage fluctuations ? Do your lights ever flicker briefly randomly? This can be a problem in older wiring, and can be solved using a voltage regulator.
Worth checking with your friendly neighbourhood electrician.

...but the previous monitor didn't do it. Relatively quiet sounds like that probably aren't that obvious in a noisy workshop/lab.

Glad there is the option to cancel the order. For this money it needs to be perfect.

Associate
Just out curiosity, is anyone running this monitor with a 3070 and if so, how does it perform in gaming?

Running a 2080 super here and its fabulous, smooth as silk and much improved with the last firmware update. I was 27-3 last night which hasn't happened in a long time and i game like a headcase so it has improved my gaming experience. Your 3070 should be grand!

Associate
...but the previous monitor didn't do it. Relatively quiet sounds like that probably aren't that obvious in a noisy workshop/lab.

Glad there is the option to cancel the order. For this money it needs to be perfect.
ah well - was just a thought. What else is different in the Overclocker workshop? Do they use the same display port cable that you were using? What`s different in the hardware setup they use?
They should be able to track down the reason for their success. Might help others on this forum.

Associate
ah well - was just a thought. What else is different in the Overclocker workshop? Do they use the same display port cable that you were using? What`s different in the hardware setup they use?
They should be able to track down the reason for their success. Might help others on this forum.
Most probably, the reason is that a technician in a service center usually won’t bother to notice such things.

Associate

So what's your theory on why 3 different OCUK techs don't see any of your issues? Blind and deaf? :confused:

Associate
The G93 is now back in stock at Samsung, ordered one for delivery tomorrow, let's hope it's perfect!

The Employee/Student discount store price is now higher than it was when I bought the first one. As I asked for a replacement but they refunded me due to no stock I called and they sent me a promo code to return it to the £1023 I paid originally.

I'm in the same boat & will try emailing them, thanks :)

Associate
Can any of the recent / n8 owners check for the following known 2 problems?

1. fading away / discoloration of the display at the very bottom / windows bar at the bottom of screen is fading away near the bottom edge

2. popping sounds when heat up

Have a N8 model and has popping sounds every ~30secs when heating/cooling for about +1h. Gets quite annoying.
Wondering if there's any lucky fellows with G9's without any popping sounds?

Back
Top Bottom