Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Soldato
Anyone else getting issues when on water? im in my boat the screen goes funny and my boats flying in the air about 10 to 20 foot :S

Soldato
Using HW unboxed settings my trusty 2080Ti is still doing a constant 4k 60hz so happy with that so far. One thing I was worried about.

So far looks great on my OLED. I haven’t gotten too far into the game yet but I do like the whole Viking era so looking forward to getting stuck into it as I enjoyed both odyssey and origins.

Soldato
So I am in Asgard at the moment, fighting the first Asgardian Boss (I won't name him - spoilers and all that) and the fight is TOO damned hard. I've been at it for a few hours now and it's impossible. This will need a patch I think.

Man of Honour
So I am in Asgard at the moment, fighting the first Asgardian Boss (I won't name him - spoilers and all that) and the fight is TOO damned hard. I've been at it for a few hours now and it's impossible. This will need a patch I think.

Nasty ! I'm playing on hard too, sounds like I might have to drop the difficulty level when I reach that point then

Soldato

You can put the spoiler in tags if you'd like, but are we talking 'real world' or fantasy?

Soldato
Anyone else using a controller on PC?

Turns out, the huge frame rate spikes go away if I turn the Xbox pad off. Just curious if anyone else if having game-breaking performance issues with a pad? I get drops from the 60-70fps range down to the 10-15fps range at random times, sometimes during gameplay, sometimes in cut scenes.

Associate

Turns out, the huge frame rate spikes go away if I turn the Xbox pad off. Just curious if anyone else if having game-breaking performance issues with a pad? I get drops from the 60-70fps range down to the 10-15fps range at random times, sometimes during gameplay, sometimes in cut scenes.

I'm using a DS4 controller and I'm not having any performance issues with it.

Soldato

use Xbox pad. Not seeing what you describe. Cutscenes are rendered in 30 FPS though which is why you may feel a big jump going into and out of them sadly. Are you using Bluetooth with Xbox pad rather then dongle?

I've had a go at it. Cuetscenes at 30fps, crushed blacks on OLED (WTF?), juddery, issues with volume cutting out, HDR a mess.

In think I'll leave it for a few weeks. :(

Cutscenes are not gonna change I imagine. Crushed blacks seem par the course to an extent, known issue with OLEDs when VRR (unless you have not?) is enabled so suspect that’s not gonna change. Hardware level fix is needed on panels themselves. That said I think it's partly down to game also but nothing is going to change there. For HDR I found upping contrast all the way in Nvidia control panel and in game exposure to 1.5 got HDR looking okay, not great, but far better then SDR. For judder, was odd, once I end a led Vsync adaptive it went away few occasions I had it so could try that? Not that I get a consisted 120hz @4k anyways, so usually sit in VRR range and fortunately not seen audio issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
The skill tree for this game is absolutely massive, the list you can see online
Heh, they really need to ditch these. They were worth doing in the original trilogy, but then became completely pointless and distracting.

Hoping my boxed copy arrives by the weekend :( - darn you Ubisoft.

I hate it as well as it's totally pointless now, thank goodness you can shoot through most of the dialogue by rapidly tapping the space bar and get back to the actual game we want it to be

Associate

I play with a PS4 controller and haven't noticed anything like that sounds odd!

Associate
The ONLY frame drops I have noticed was when changing between KB/Mouse and Xbox controller a couple of times.

Using an xbox controller 90% of the time now it's my preference.

Other than that, performance has been pretty flawless for me

i7 7700k
32Gb DDR4 3200
EVGA RTX 2060 Super
Game installed on a Crucial MX500 M.2 drive

EDIT: I should add that this is when I power the gamepad on during gameplay - frame rate tanks for a few seconds, but soon returns to normal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom