• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I can't believe people are actually encouraging this scalping company by paying that price. OCUK is toxic im shopping elsewhere i would rather wait that Grease these greedy palms!!

Last edited:
Associate
I can't believe people are actually encouraging this scalping company by paying that price. OCUK is toxic im shopping elsewhere i would rather wait that Greece these greedy palms!!
What has Greece got to do with this? They are innocent in all this. If anything you should avoid greasing their palms

Associate
Also bagged one of these @ 10:10 and it took 20mins or so for confirmation email... Just gotta pray to the PayPal gods that the payment goes through OK.
Right there with you mate... at this point I’m happy to pay the extra, just so I can stop refreshing forums and stock checking sites every 45 seconds and get on with the rest of my life

Associate
I can't believe people are actually encouraging this scalping company by paying that price. OCUK is toxic im shopping elsewhere i would rather wait that Greece these greedy palms!!

After waiting 2 months I'm tired of looking everyday for something to crop up... got pre-orders setup elsewhere and not a sniff.

Time to play some games and forget about this complete debacle.

Associate
Position 22 on the MSI Ventus and I have got my shipping email. Although this has taken what feels like a life time of waiting I am lucky I got the Ventus for £650. The only reason I decided to upgrade from my 1080ti was because the pricing was reasonable (£650). Seeing some of higher spec'd cards going for £800 plus and rising is totally insane, the performance increase correlated with the price increase isn't worth it in my opinion.

I wish you all good fortune in the wars to come.

Associate
Right there with you mate... at this point I’m happy to pay the extra, just so I can stop refreshing forums and stock checking sites every 45 seconds and get on with the rest of my life
100% agreed, I have things I'd rather be doing than chasing down a 3080 everyday. Hopefully the Zotac order comes through and I can just play some games during my time off over Christmas while others are still sat here waiting for "a good deal".

Associate
We agree that they stopped sending queue position emails for a while now?
Actually I have never received any emails since I ordered the 17th September (15:16) excepted to confirm my order...

Associate

I hear you but I'm with the other chaps that bought one, I simply don't know how to source one from anywhere else and it is only somewhat more expensive than what I paid for the Trio.

Associate
GIBBO Update

MSI 3090 Ventus 3X and Zotac 3090 in stock.
30pc MSI 3090 Gaming X arrived and shipping

10pc Strix 3090 OC due in next 2-3 days.

Zotac 3080 Trinity OC arrived and in stock.

Gigabyte 3080 Vision OC arrived and shipping, 16pc yesterday, 11pc still to ship out today.
Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC, 35pc shipped yesterday

Still no more 3080 Trio's :(

Associate
All of this talk about what is worth what is just toxic. How I see it is if any of the ones doing this and are trying to make people feel bad for buying a graphics card at an inflated price take a step back and look at yourself, if any of you spend your money on alcohol, drugs or cigarettes you have no right to tell people that them buying a graphics card at an inflated price is a waste of money.

Exactly. Their money, their choices. Judging others is not a good look.

If you wouldn't pay it then fair enough we wont judge you for standing in a queue twidling your thumbs. Bareing in mind at this point that most of the people saying its too much have paid £600+ for a number in queue! What fps does that give you on watchdogs :p

Associate
Im getting slightly confused on how overclockers dealing with this. Never ending pre order option, insane que’s and yet when they receive additional stock they sell it, instead of offering customers an alternative in the same price range... its all about the money and 0 interest in customer service. Been waiting in a wue for aorus for nearly 2 months now and at this point im desperate to find something else, from someone else

Associate
It's their money. Thats how the world works and always has. Supply/Demand

To you that price may not be worth it. For someone else if they have the cash and don't want to wait it's a good purchase from their perspective.

It's not about the price. It's about the price being inflated. People are getting loans, sorry, financing these cards that are already 30% more expensive.

Associate
It's not about the price. It's about the price being inflated. People are getting loans, sorry, financing these cards that are already 30% more expensive.

If people are getting finance for these cards that is hardly OC' fault, that is the customers fault for buying a card they can't really afford. Yes the prices are being inflated but you can't say the £150-200 price increase is the difference between people getting finance or not. They would have still gotten the finance if the cards were being sold at FE prices.

Associate
Cancelled - Eagle OC, queue position - who knows, no update emails after the last handful shipped, but was at 41 last I looked.

I've never bought from OCUK before, and I vow to continue that tradition. I feel like I should charge them for the time and effort it takes to drag even the tiniest bit of truth and information out of them. They have treated their customers as an annoyance, and misled new customers into thinking that they are in the best possible place to get the new RTX models.

I sincerely hope you all get treated better as customers, and that production spins up soon. And as I'll not be back on this thread after today, I wish you a Merry Xmas too (too early?), may your stockings be filled with the finest GPU's at a decent price.

Peace out

Associate
We agree that they stopped sending queue position emails for a while now?
Actually I have never received any emails since I ordered the 17th September (15:16) excepted to confirm my order...

I ordered on the 26th of Sept, can confirm every Friday I've received my queue update.
You should probably check with OCUK if you haven't received any emails.

Back
Top Bottom