***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Re-releases are pretty rare, the Saturn V only just went out of production earlier this year and was never going to be a set which shoots up to £lol as soon as it’s been retired because of how many there are out there. They also announced the rerelease pretty much as soon as it went out of production and has been on the cards for awhile. It only got a new set number because it was formally retired.

The set was hugely popular, hence why it was back because there was obviously further demand and mass market appeal and as far as lego for adults go, it’s middle of the road in terms of price.

Stuff like the Falcon and that train set only cost £lol because they are popular with collectors who are willing to pay but very few other people.

I think someone on here said they had 5 copies of it, that’s madness. Lego is meant to be a toy and played with and not kept in someone loft to be scalped on BrickLink/eBay in a few years.

Caporegime
Re-releases are pretty rare, the Saturn V only just went out of production earlier this year and was never going to be a set which shoots up to £lol as soon as it’s been retired because of how many there are out there. They also announced the rerelease pretty much as soon as it went out of production and has been on the cards for awhile. It only got a new set number because it was formally retired.

The set was hugely popular, hence why it was back because there was obviously further demand and mass market appeal and as far as lego for adults go, it’s middle of the road in terms of price.

Stuff like the Falcon and that train set only cost £lol because they are popular with collectors who are willing to pay but very few other people.

I think someone on here said they had 5 copies of it, that’s madness. Lego is meant to be a toy and played with and not kept in someone loft to be scalped on BrickLink/eBay in a few years.

Saturn v actually went up loads in value.
Was 200 a set before the news of the re-release

That's pretty good!
I sold a couple for 170 soon as the news of the release hit.

I have 1 spare falcon for keeps. I always like to buy two sets of the fancy models. 650 as a model is ridiculous if it doesn't hold its value. Its the only way I can justify it.

I'm shocked at the price of the lego sian on amazon. How can they sell it for that cheap?

Lego profit margin must be huge
A couple of years back I learnt never to buy lego sets for anything more than 20 percent of. But the amazon sian is just crazy discount

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Excellent. Should be a good one. Just finished the Ghostbusters Firehouse with my 5-yr-old this half term so it’ll be a nice addition.

Associate
anything more on this?!?!

No, 100% speculation. You think of the most popular geek vehicles, we have the batmobile, we now have Ecto-1, the holy trinity would the a delorean, and imagine if it was possible to have 3 versions from BTTF1, BTTF2 and BTTF3, bit like they did with the Mustang ( think that was the one with the alernate hood set-up?)

Soldato
No, 100% speculation. You think of the most popular geek vehicles, we have the batmobile, we now have Ecto-1, the holy trinity would the a delorean, and imagine if it was possible to have 3 versions from BTTF1, BTTF2 and BTTF3, bit like they did with the Mustang ( think that was the one with the alernate hood set-up?)
You are right. The Mustang could be built as standard or with extra parts adding turbo charger on the hood, spoiler to the boot and extra exhausts to the undersides.

So they could easily do that for a delorean. Hood mount for bttf3 and train wheels. A technic component to flips the wheels up for bttf2. I have the small delorean and yes its OK but I'd love a big scale 2000+ piece model.

Soldato
Was there that much of a difference other that the Mr fusion in 2 and the lack of tyres in the 3rd?

Soldato
A lot of the normal minifig Marvel and Star Wars sets do really well once retired.

Proportionally seem to get higher resale multiples (2-4x) than the large ucs/creator sets etc but of course lower value so actual profit value similar, albeit at lower risk.

DC sets seem to depteciate once retired though.

The new Ecto-1 looks good. I still have the 21108 minifig variant which fits on my display.

It's a shame these large scale creator / ucs sets dont come with suitably scaled figures. Lego could resurrect the Technic Figure scale but I guess cost.

Soldato
A lot of the normal minifig Marvel and Star Wars sets do really well once retired.

Proportionally seem to get higher resale multiples (2-4x) than the large ucs/creator sets etc but of course lower value so actual profit value similar, albeit at lower risk.

DC sets seem to depteciate once retired though.

The new Ecto-1 looks good. I still have the 21108 minifig variant which fits on my display.

It's a shame these large scale creator / ucs sets dont come with suitably scaled figures. Lego could resurrect the Technic Figure scale but I guess cost.
I was just watching a video on the batmobile, and that thought popped in my head. They've already got microfigs which are a relatively new thing.

Soldato
Picked up a 9396 Technic Helicopter (2012) off Facebook a few weeks ago after seeing it pop up in a local selling group. Box is a little tatty but everything else in great condition and only £30. Then as an extra bonus when my lad and I went to start assembling it today we found that it also contains a 8293 Power Functions kit with all parts.

Back
Top Bottom