Ugliest car ever?

Soldato
They don't really. You could cool things from under the car using naca ducts I guess and make the whole body sleek and seamless (would love to see a design like that).

But without a grille, Chinese men with small willies wouldn't buy them. Apparently that is BMW's biggest audience now :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Why do electric cars even need a grill at all? Surely all they need is small inlets for cooling the AC systems etc? BMW have always been my favourite German car brand but their current gen is even worse than the Bangle era which in hindsight wasn't that bad really.

I understand the whole Chinese class thing of having a grill but this is just madness.
Without a massive grill, how else would the person you're tailgating know that you're driving a 500bhp German SUV that cost £100k.

Soldato
Why do electric cars even need a grill at all? Surely all they need is small inlets for cooling the AC systems etc? BMW have always been my favourite German car brand but their current gen is even worse than the Bangle era which in hindsight wasn't that bad really.

I understand the whole Chinese class thing of having a grill but this is just madness.

Less cooling but the difference between air and the coolant is far lower than an ICE system at 90-100C so you need similar mass flow to a ICE hence decent grills, or a complicated system. Also more condenser area as batteries often can prefer to be cooler than ambient air, unlike an internal combustion engine.

Soldato

Supposedly has some sensors behind it although not sure that necessitates a grille.

Soldato
OP
Anyone else finding it difficult to see past the irony of the OPs thread title and his signature? :D
The Leaf was never the most beautiful car. I'm certainly not a fan of the back. They could have afforded it being a bit sleeker - there's a lot of headroom and theres space in the engine bay - so the roofline didn't need to be quite so high. It should have been move like the Leaf RC.

But at least it's function leading form - no silly grills or grotesque features.

Back
Top Bottom