• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX 3070 running on x4 PCIe

Associate
Hello guys,

So yesterday i got my 3070 eagle oc, for my upgrade, my old system is asus z97i+i5 4460+gtx970. I quickly swapped my gtx970 with the new 3070, tested in games all works fine but after checking gpu-z it shows only using @4x pcie 3.0 and x4 pcie 1.1 in idle, went into bios and was showing nb pcie gen3 x4, same. took it out and checked the gtx970 and went straight to bios and comes up as gen3 x16, same in windows gpuz shows x16. Can it be an issue with the gpu or is it related to my old mb and cpu? My other parts might come this weekend, i5 10600+asus h470. Any suggestions?

Associate
Check gpuz whilst the card is in 3D mode, see if it bumps up to gen 3 x16 then. Ignore Screenbeat he's either drunk or just flat out hasn't got a clue what he's talking about

Associate
There's a small question mark next to the Bus Interface on GPU-Z, allows you to run a render test so the card is in it's highest power state and then the readings should be correct.

Associate
OP
There's a small question mark next to the Bus Interface on GPU-Z, allows you to run a render test so the card is in it's highest power state and then the readings should be correct.
I've done that but was still showing pcie x4 on previous motherboard. Probably something wrong with that old MB.

Back
Top Bottom