• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I wonder if Turn10 are going to optimise Forza 7 for Series X as Forza Motorsport is probably a long way off still. They reworked a lot of the game since launch in 2017 from player feedback (removing lootboxes and everything they linked to, adding the car position indicators, online race regulations - just the one hopper unfortunately, league racing etc..).

It would be nice to get PC ultra settings or something, at the moment it just loads faster than XB1X. It still looks good at 4k60 though.

Caporegime
Current settings on the xbox are

HDMI Audio - Bitsream out
Bitstream format - Dolby Digital

when playing the bluray I get

Your audio receiver can't decode this blah blah

:)

it won't let me choose 5.1 uncompressed or 7.1 uncompressed without telling me its not supported

I believe the C8 is fine on the CX they removed the DTS codec

Yes but my Sonos Beam wouldn’t be, it can’t play DTS.

The problem doesn’t make any sense, if configured as above the console should be outputting Dolby Digital, not DTS.

Im stumped maybe it’s a bug with the Blu Ray app.

Man of Honour
Quick resume is so variable, but I think that’s a known problem? I only have three games on the go, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes it crashes them on startup. When it works it’s glorious.

I’m not using instant on currently, but it boots up in seconds anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
My kids' series S does flakey things from time to time. Tried to go to the homescreen from Minecreaft, and it refused. tried to click on settings once from homescreen, but the settings app kept on "closing" and popping me back to homescreen.

Pretty sure Destiny 2's quick resume was also not working all too well. All these sound like software issues, so not worried yet.

Soldato
Xbox support told someone on reddit there will be a dashboard update in 24-72hrs to fix a few bugs people are getting.

I get a random one, sometimes I can be playing a game, take a screenshot. If I go to open the screenshot I lose HDMI signal. I can push the buttons on the controller to get to the dash, or back into the game I was playing and the display comes back and works as normal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Played a little Jedi Fallen Order...seems pretty good.

But mostly just been playing Tetris effect. It's incredible on an OLED with headphones.....absolutely love it.

Soldato
Played a little Jedi Fallen Order...seems pretty good.

But mostly just been playing Tetris effect. It's incredible on an OLED with headphones.....absolutely love it.

I wish i hadn't bought an oled. Now every time I game on the other 55 inch screen in bedroom it just looks so 'meh'

Soldato
Getting tempted to jack in PC gaming and go Xbox-only. Valhalla is yet another crash-fest release on PC. It was solid Tuesday night and crashed once last night. Tonight? I've thrown in the towel already, after an hour and a half of four crashes. Also, I can't use a controller as the game runs at <15fps if I do (whether via BT or USB). It's not like this is a rarity. It's the fourth new release this year that I've picked up, only to find I get regular CTDs.

There are two things holding me back; the games I can't play on Xbox, and remorse over the amount of money I'll "lose" by selling my PC stuff. Also, I've only just bought a Quest 2, which while not completely pointless without a PC, simply isn't as good without one.

Associate
Getting tempted to jack in PC gaming and go Xbox-only.

Have done the same thing + PS5 which arrives next week. Somewhat glad I couldn't secure a 3080FE on release as an impulse buy - put the money I would have spent upgrading my current PC towards a new TV instead.

Soldato
My Series X just decided to hang there on a game of Rocket League. Turned it off by the button and after a few seconds, it was back to the dashboard like nothing had happened. Strange.

Associate
Getting tempted to jack in PC gaming and go Xbox-only.

did that years ago, went Mac and Xbox never looked back

I can’t be bothered dealing with pc with so little time after work.

I’ve not used my Xbox for months I have so many updates for games around 150+ Will take time to update and upgrade everything....

Man of Honour
I had a strange one earlier where my Series X just crashed on boot; it was almost like using a Windows 10 laptop!
Other than that though no issues; although except the super quick loading and instant resume I'm yet to feel "next gen"; need to keep an eye out for some new games.

Associate
Yeah I did. Do I just buy the insurance as normal that's it? Thanks for the help.

Yeah but to cover yourself do what I did and use the online chat for confirmation. At the beginning of the chat the advisor did say I had to buy the insurance at the same time as the product, but once I pointed out that term I highlighted in my first post the advisor read it himself and confirmed I could buy insurance after buying the product (as long as its been within 30 days). After that I just bought the insurance.

Soldato
Since 9am on Tuesday when i got my series X i have used over 600gb of data, and the only new game I have installed is Fallen Order. a lot of the "patches" are pretty much redownload the whole game.

That said its an impressive bit of kit, I can understand people saying theres no reason to upgrade but i used my One X everyday so for me its worth it for the more responsive machine, its kinda like a PC upgrade right now though as there is nothing that needs it its just better than what i could be using.

Roll on the Next Gen games, though I cant help but feel they are going to be a while off with the way the world is right now.

Back
Top Bottom