Next gen console issues / troubleshooting thread

Soldato
I can only go by what I can see. I've been playing with VRR on since I got the TV and I'm not seeing any flickering, or washed out blacks. Definitely nothing like that video.

If I did, they'd be getting it sent back, I've no interest in defending LG.

Same here looks fine to me.

Soldato
OP
The dpad on my series s controller seems really "clicky" compared to the other buttons. Not loud per se, but definitely louder than all the other face buttons and triggers.

Might be the new style dpad, hard to say.

rp2000

Yeap, it seems much clickier than before. i think I'll enjoy it for fighting games as the input feels more "positive".

Soldato
I'm trying to play eastshade but if I start new game I just see this.

The menu loads ok and I can bring up the inventory fine but can't see the actual game.

Associate
OK so I have a Q90T and enabled 120hz but the refresh doesn't seem to change even when playing 60hz games. It just displays 119hz all the time, even on the dashboard? I have VRR enabled and ALLM enabled too? Is this correct?

Soldato
OP
LG B9 not playing nice. Just installed latest 5.00.02 firmware

When in 4k 120hz mode in settings and boot up Gears 5, when it switches to HDR mode screen goes black, no signal. All round seems really buggy.

Also does the same when doing HDR calibration in settings. Using HDMI 1

how are fellow LG oled owners getting on?

Try Vincent's settings from scratch?

Soldato
It will run at around 85-95C, not 45C. You might be getting confused with the exhaust air temperature.

the cooling system is so much larger this time round. Was having a little peak around my system, it's got a ton of open space to draw air in by that huge fan and it's then pushed across a huge heatsink and out the back, again with tons of vents

Man of Honour
the cooling system is so much larger this time round. Was having a little peak around my system, it's got a ton of open space to draw air in by that huge fan and it's then pushed across a huge heatsink and out the back, again with tons of vents

Ok... it doesn’t run at 45C.

Soldato
Ok... it doesn’t run at 45C.

It runs really cool though. My PS4 PRO was very hot to the touch, the PS5 is not - it gets warm but not hot and the air coming out the back doesn't feel as hot as the PS4 PRO either - also the fan is dead quiet cannot hear the console running at all

Man of Honour
It runs really cool though. My PS4 PRO was very hot to the touch, the PS5 is not - it gets warm but not hot and the air coming out the back doesn't feel as hot as the PS4 PRO either - also the fan is dead quiet cannot hear the console running at all

That I completely agree with, it's whisper quiet and seems to extract the heat really well.

Soldato
OP
Does Australian firmware work on UK TV's?

Sorry, my bad. I'm pretty sure you guys got the update first, go have a quick gaggle... mine keeps on defaulting to the AU domain, and I'll update the link.

(the answer to your questions is, I'm sure it *should* work, but I have no idea what it means for your installed apps like the BBC stuff etc)

Soldato
I have a C9 and Series X,

I have played with 120hz and VRR turned on and it was ok, the blacks werent as black as normal but it wasnt super bad or anything, still looked "blacker" than my old sony LCD.

However I did have another issue with 120hz, when switching game or going back to home screen maybe 1 time in 20 it would lose connection with the TV and say signal lost, flick back between apps sometimes fixed it but not always.

Currently i have left VRR on but dropped to 60hz and don't seem to have any issues so far with that set up.

My C9 still lags like hell with my sound bar with Dolby Atmos turned on though, I was kinda hoping that would be ok with the new Xbox but really knew it was a soundbar/TV issue where the "passthrough" on Arc is delayed with Atmos, around .75seconds. I can make it work if a go through the sound bar but then i lose VRR and Instant game response so its picture or sound. standard surround is too bad so i'll live with it.

Soldato
Anyone having issues with their Series X and Elite 2 Controller while using a steel series ? When I turn off the console using the controller it immediately comes back on but i can't join any controller too it - i need to use the phone app to navigate to do a console restart then it works perfectly.

Soldato
However I did have another issue with 120hz, when switching game or going back to home screen maybe 1 time in 20 it would lose connection with the TV and say signal lost, flick back between apps sometimes fixed it but not always

I've had this a few times with my Sony xh9005, only if I take a screenshot of a game, then hold the xbox button to view it right away. I guess its the xbox switching resolution or something? Like you say maybe 1 in 20 times I would lose HDMI signal. Backing out to the dash or game fixes it.

Hopefully its sorted with a system update.

Back
Top Bottom