*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
I keep trying to get into and enjoy this but I just can't grasp the piloting to begin with. Does a stick make it any easier?
I struggled with kb+m and had given up on the game, as just couldn't be bothered to map out all the keys. But since switching to hotas x(which was also a first), I have clocked about 500+ hours on this. Got a cheap one off fleabay and it was well worth its price. I think its a personal preference but there are too many key bindings and to find out what or how each one helps is quite a tedious process.

Soldato
The fact that it is on Epic is very useful if you already have the game on steam and want a second account. You should be able to run two accounts on one PC with this, whereas if you bought a 2nd account on steam it would have to be redeemed on a second steam account, and as far as I am aware you can't have two separate steam accounts going at the same time on one PC, so that you can run two instances. One of the things I would use a burner 2nd account would be to use it to easily mark the start of a mapped mining run, so you can find the starting asteroid every time. Then, once enough money is accumulated use it normally as a proper 2nd account, going exploring or whatever.

Soldato
The fact that it is on Epic is very useful if you already have the game on steam and want a second account. You should be able to run two accounts on one PC with this, whereas if you bought a 2nd account on steam it would have to be redeemed on a second steam account, and as far as I am aware you can't have two separate steam accounts going at the same time on one PC, so that you can run two instances. One of the things I would use a burner 2nd account would be to use it to easily mark the start of a mapped mining run, so you can find the starting asteroid every time. Then, once enough money is accumulated use it normally as a proper 2nd account, going exploring or whatever.
Might just grab a 2nd copy then, although I've not really played in years due to the lack of progress plus squandered development efforts.

Soldato
After I posted the above about using a 2nd account to mark the start of a mapped mining run I googled for suitable runs that others have mapped and found this one...

As it happens it is absolutely dead easy to find the start of this one without using a marker ship, so the 2nd account will not be needed for use as a marker, so I will get it just to use as a normal 2nd account and go into the black :)

Soldato
I'll grab it. Another account is always useful to have. However, I haven't played it since my W10 decided to go **** up and I had to reinstall Windows. My game was OK, but I lost all my bloody keybindings and I just can't be arsed to set them up again just yet. I love Elite, but I ******* detest the game's menu/options system.

Associate
I bought a second account a while ago, mainly to use it for messing around and letting friends play the game without destroying my main account. It was only 4 or 5 pounds back then. I can't run them in parallel but just switch between them as needed.

Soldato
I'll grab it. Another account is always useful to have. However, I haven't played it since my W10 decided to go **** up and I had to reinstall Windows. My game was OK, but I lost all my bloody keybindings and I just can't be arsed to set them up again just yet. I love Elite, but I ******* detest the game's menu/options system.
In future, drop a copy of your bindings into Dropbox or Google Drive etc?

Back
Top Bottom