• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
No details as of yet. They must be rubbing their hands together with the demand for it.

For £39 Its actually quite a good price for the peace of mind and less aggro for warranty claims, just for a pad replacement further down if needed is worth it. I presume it still covers pads also, I got a replacement last year for my xbox x due to stick drift.

Soldato

Interesting, I'll try this again and see if another agent is able to help me.

I searched for this yesterday in the store on the console, the buy button said cant find page or something similar, rather than being clickable..

Yeah that's the same issue I'm getting. It does the same through the website and if you do it on PC, it opens up a page saying it's not a compatible device.

The Complete warranty is on the xbox dashboard store as well, but returns an error/you cant buy it.

Yeah it's been broken for a few days now.

For £39 Its actually quite a good price for the peace of mind and less aggro for warranty claims, just for a pad replacement further down if needed is worth it. I presume it still covers pads also, I got a replacement last year for my xbox x due to stick drift.

It's a good deal for me. I have a small child that likes to break things. I'd rather pay £39 and be covered against my Xbox Series X costing £450 being knocked over and broken. Plus, being able to replace the controller twice in the lifetime is great. I experienced stick drift on my One S console and it's just over two years old so I could have had that replaced for less than it costs to buy a new pad.

Soldato
Easy fix stop watching DF videos and play and enjoy the games. Bloody DF has turned everyone into a PC gamer can imagine soon we will have tools and bench marks on consoles.

I’m sure I’m just the only who just plays the games these days. Couldn’t care less what all the pointless analysis says if it plays well and looks good I’m happy.

I don't disagree. Just thought a short summary would save others' time. Even on PC, I don't really worry about it now. Most of the time I can't tell the difference between High and max settings anyway, and as long as frame rate is in my monitor's Freesync range, performance tends to be fine.

I only watched this comparison after seeing it referenced the other day. I was curious as to what people were going on about.

Only videos I'm really interested in from them are Series X vs Series S comparisons, as it would make picking between the two easier.

Soldato

Think what I thought were graphical glitches were just over the top ice reflections, has been running fine since changing seasons. Reminded me of a dodgy graphics card I had once with white spots appearing all over the place :p

Hopefully more games on gamepass will get enhancements for Series S/X as once they are enhanced they do run very nicely on the S, makes going back to One S versions quite jarring.

Interesting video.

Sadly the one S version wasnt shown so we dont know how bad it was on the S, but it is interesting that the series S can do same resolution and framerate as the one X. However something not mentioned in the video is the texture quality of the S vs the one X, it looks like to me the one X textures in performance mode are higher quality textures than whats used on the S.

If it is on gamepass I will try FH4 out, never played it before, but am surprised we had microsoft stating the console is 1440/60 target and then their own first party game is 1080/60.

Soldato

Yes it's good value.

I just hope they don't jack the price up given the new demand for it is what I'm saying. Makes me wonder why no one can purchase it right now.

Soldato
Easy fix stop watching DF videos and play and enjoy the games. Bloody DF has turned everyone into a PC gamer can imagine soon we will have tools and bench marks on consoles.

I’m sure I’m just the only who just plays the games these days. Couldn’t care less what all the pointless analysis says if it plays well and looks good I’m happy.

yeah one cant help but DF has started all the resolution and fps addiction on consoles :) they analyse console performance like a pc haha. Your point is well made, if you enjoy the games you play then that is what matters and I am enjoying my run of lost oddysey at the moment.

His moaning about SSAO and the driver been at 30fps was funny.

Soldato
I just contacted them via chat and they said its available and seemed to suggest I could do it via chat.
But Im not ready to do it yet as not set my series x up.

This is the link for the webpage I got live chat via-

I did ask if available in UK and they checked and said yes.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/microsoft-complete?activetab=pivot2:richpivot2-1

Just tried chat again. Got this:

=Microsoft Complete's availability is at the moment indefinite and we are working with making it available in your region, we may not have the details at the moment however,
this is something that we are already working out as we do not want you missing your warranty coverage extension on your new Xbox Series X console.

No idea why there's such disparity between responses.

Man of Honour
I've had more fun playing FH4 than I have had from gaming for a long time. As for the DF analysis, its fun to watch now and again, but many of the details they focus on matter little to me. As for console vs console, both are great luckily for us, just enjoy whichever you have chosen (or both).

Back
Top Bottom