Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
After using both series x and s...

really shocked how good series s is doing, works really well, great machine for price.

but when both are running on same tv next to each other you can spot the changes, but if you use series s on 1080 screen it’s perfect.

I will take series s over Xbox one x everytime.

Soldato
trying to get app to work.

I enabled xbox app connection in console preferences.
I installed the app, tapped add existing console, and I get a message saying sign into console with my profile, I am already signed in and nothing is happening.

If I select add new console it tells me to enter the code on the screen, but there is no code, its just on the dash.

Soldato
I have these. They are amazing!
Have you managed to change the EQ? It says to hold press the power and hear a beep but I'm not getting one? Am I being thick?

Do you know if these can connect to ps5 as well?

I have standard Arctis 7 wireless which can be connected to ps5 wirelessly but not xbox (it works on xbox wired into the controller but I really miss the chat mix). Ideally I want an Arctis set that can do both but I'm not sure one exists.
No unfortunately, you have to get a specific version I believe.

Associate
The PSVRs were selling for £1,000 two weeks before Christmas. IIRC, either the PS3 or PS4 were selling for around the same.
Wow! I'm new to looking at kit on release, is this the norm then? Think my experiences have always been focused on PC components in the past. Was going to upgrade mine but due to the stock issues with current GPU's thought I will get the New Series X. Got a perfectly serviceable ONE X I'm enjoying but was sorely tempted by the SERIES X. Guess I will just have to wait it out.

Soldato
After using both series x and s...

really shocked how good series s is doing, works really well, great machine for price.

but when both are running on same tv next to each other you can spot the changes, but if you use series s on 1080 screen it’s perfect.

I will take series s over Xbox one x everytime.

Currently still using a one x in the living room debating selling it now and trying up source a SX.

The SS we have is rapid, it's currently upstairs on a smaller screen and been faultless:)

Soldato
Spoke to MS over the phone.

She tried adding Microsoft Complete to my Curry's bought Series X. No dice. She says an error comes up saying I purchased from a 3rd party. She also went to say I should be able MS Complete from the 3rd party retailer.

What a farce lol.

Soldato
Wow! I'm new to looking at kit on release, is this the norm then? Think my experiences have always been focused on PC components in the past. Was going to upgrade mine but due to the stock issues with current GPU's thought I will get the New Series X. Got a perfectly serviceable ONE X I'm enjoying but was sorely tempted by the SERIES X. Guess I will just have to wait it out.

Yes, anything in high demand with a waiting list goes for silly money. The Mrs bought an iphone 4 on release, back then I think they were £400 new? I'll admit, when we found out they were selling for £1k on ebay, I sold it lol

It's only new console launches these days, and one offs like the PSVR. I think the oculus go went for a decent profit, or one of the oculus headsets when it first launched.

People want what they can't have basically. They feel left out, and if they have the cash, they'll spend it. I can see the xbox x and ps5 going up and up before Christmas. Especially in a year where not many have had a holiday due to the lockdown. They'll want a decent Christmas.

Scalpers and Bots don't help.....but they only exist because they have a market willing to pay.

I know for a fact, many, MANY people on here have placed multiple orders. They keep it quiet though as not to get abuse. Most will cancel the extra ones when they have secured their console, but some will place them on ebay.

Last edited:
Associate
I find it odd that the companies don't stop it from happening.
EU law means that companies can't stop it from happening - hence the RRP being used as a recommended price.......it's annoying, but there's not a lot that they can do once the consoles have gone out the door.

Back
Top Bottom