• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

less than a week to go amd 6800 cards

Associate
There's never going to be millions though. Lets see how combative they are against scalpers, bots and hoarders they are - there will be little excuse as they could see all the rookie mistakes nvidia made before pretending they were just popular.. :rolleyes:

There was an 'anti scalping measures' sheet from AMD that was leaked a while back. Requiring CAPTCHAs, etc.

Some of the retailers are implementing some measures for the 3080 as we speak too. The FE distributor in the UK uses a different URL for every drop, so people can't set up bots on the page ahead of time

Caporegime
The biggest problem I see is people already in the queue for 3000 series will order one to see which one they get first. Then cancel the other.
There are already so many examples of this within the 3000 series itself. Many people order from multiple retailers to see who deliver first. Some people even get the 2 cards and then return the one they don't want which then probably gets sent out to someone else as "new"

Scalpers only thrive when stupid people pay stupid prices because they are impatient.

Calm down people.

Agreed. I know at least 10 people who currently have either 3080 FE or 3090 FE or a cheap AIB card which are just fill ins until their FTW3 or Strix or xtrme card arrives.

Soldato
I think the scalpers are in a bit trouble atm. Theres more 3070s for sale than there were a while back, and for lower asking than before (though still higher than the msrp). This makes me think that people have had enough of these "individuals" and are simply not buying in the numbers that were thought to, though this could also be down to the imminent release of the 3080ti versh.
Mods, Please delete this post if it infringes forum rules, but don't think it does as no competitors mentioned, just pure observation.

Pet Northerner
Don
You don't have a gpu in your pc?

No I do, but it's currently starting to fail. I can play things with low utelization but games that start pushing the card cause it to start to CTD, even undervolted to keep temps ok. I've reseated the cooler but it doesn't help.

So for shiney games I'll move them onto ps5 if push comes to shove :)

Soldato
No I do, but it's currently starting to fail. I can play things with low utelization but games that start pushing the card cause it to start to CTD, even undervolted to keep temps ok. I've reseated the cooler but it doesn't help.

So for shiney games I'll move them onto ps5 if push comes to shove :)
Sorry to hear that. Make sure its not your power supply.

Associate
With all of the talk about certain lower SKUs of 3000 series not being realistic for the RRP, I wonder if that's contributing to the price increases on the AIB varieties... If the partners are refusing to offer bulk discounts or their customary margins, and retailers are compensating.

I bring this up here because by some accounts, the RX 6000s wouldn't be pushing it as much, so they may be more sensible.

Probably just wishful thinking though

Caporegime
scalpers and demand. I saw last night another major retailer saying that they will be unable to delivery the new AMD cpus this side of xmas. Its a joke atm trying to buy any pc stuff.

Hard to believe AMD will have more stock then Nvidia did on launch day give how many markets their 7nm allocation is trying to service at the moment.

They gave themselves more time, but they are still going to sell out within the first 30 minutes I reckon.
Not sure when the reviews go live but I need to read and watch them for sure, I'm not buying blind.

Back
Top Bottom