• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1 Long beep followed by 3 short beeps

Associate
I received my 3090 today and when I put it in and powered my computer up I got 1 Long beep followed by 3 short beeps, I looked it up and saw to try re-seating the GPU so I tried that and was the same thing, so I've tried the other PCI slot and same thing there, is there anything else I can try?

Associate
Have a RM850x in another computer, I'll switch them and test

Also are you using individial pcie power cables from the PSU or daisy chaining?

Edit (your motherboards manual):

attachment.php

Associate
760 might be abit borderline, i took out my corsair 860 and put in an Ax1600i which, i know, is overkill but with a threadripper, ram and ssd's better safe than sorry.

also, as others have said, use 3 separate cables from the PSU

Soldato
Would be amazed if the PSU wattage was the issue.

It's not putting in a demand for several hundred watts on startup.

One way or another I'd suspect the cables or at least something stopping the basic level of current from getting where it needed to be.

Associate
Damn I have a RM650X but have a RM850X on the way, so you don't think it will work with the 650 at all?

I suppose one way to find out, I think the tuf has lights by the plugs to tell you if a problem

Associate
Damn I have a RM650X but have a RM850X on the way, so you don't think it will work with the 650 at all?

I suppose one way to find out, I think the tuf has lights by the plugs to tell you if a problem

I wouldn't even attempt it with a 650W, even if it works initially there is a risk of overloading the PSU when under load and there isn't much resell value in a dead PSU.

Associate
Pretty sure someone else had this issue with a Strix 3090 and was solved by changing the CSM in the Bios.... worth giving that a try :)

Back
Top Bottom