Amazon refusing to refund for wrong item delivered that I returned.

Associate
Hi, I was sent earphones instead of mobile phone i ordered(£229.00) by Amazon, agent asked me to send photos which I did then to return. I returned via Royal Mail with proof of postage over a month ago which they received.

Since a week ago I've been trying to get refund via live chat but they refuse to refund me and keep asking me to return right item which I never received.

Have contacted them via social media and email with no luck. They say shipping weight was correct for weight of phone. But I told them what they sent me could be same weight. It also came with two remotes as well as earphones. Amazon box was sealed. Any advice what to do welcome.

Associate
I'd go down that route, asking them on their stance. They're normally pretty good with such issues.
I imagine Amazon could be tightening things up given they're mentioning weight checks. Lightly had numerous fraud type refund requests.

Soldato
yeah, its odd that amazon are playing hardball. Usually if you have photgrpahic evidence they are pretty good at sorting out refunds. Out of interest was it a brand new item or was it a return from Amazon Warehouse ?

Associate
OP
Contact your card provider and explain the problem, you should be able to get them to refund you.

I've never had a problem with getting a refund from Amazon mind you, although I almost always contact them via phone rather than other types of support.

Thanks, will do so tomorrow.

I've tried calling but can't get through.

Yes Amazon usually offer great customer support, i'm shocked how dismissive they've been, tried lots of agents and they all say they are unable to refund me.

Associate
OP
yeah, its odd that amazon are playing hardball. Usually if you have photgrpahic evidence they are pretty good at sorting out refunds. Out of interest was it a brand new item or was it a return from Amazon Warehouse ?

Yes very odd.

It was a brand new Poco X3 from Amazon themselves.

Associate
Probably because they're getting hammered with fraudulent claims... Makes no sense to play hard-ball with a phone though as they record the IMEI when shipped so can just block it if it's gone walkabout... Whoever got your phone (assuming mixed up and not just failed to ship) is probably in for a shock soon when it does get blocked...

Associate
OP
Probably because they're getting hammered with fraudulent claims... Makes no sense to play hard-ball with a phone though as they record the IMEI when shipped so can just block it if it's gone walkabout... Whoever got your phone (assuming mixed up and not just failed to ship) is probably in for a shock soon when it does get blocked...

They emailed me today saying sorry for delay in processing refund, sounded like they may be refunding me so went on live chat to ask, they then say i won't be getting refunded and not to expect any further email's regarding the matter, terrible customer support messing me around like this.

Soldato
Not so Amazed they wont refund you, ive had a problem before where they point blank refused to refund me for a faulty product, untill i produced a chat log from a previous amazon customer service agent promising me a refund if i returned the item.

Soldato
They emailed me today saying sorry for delay in processing refund, sounded like they may be refunding me so went on live chat to ask, they then say i won't be getting refunded and not to expect any further email's regarding the matter, terrible customer support messing me around like this.

I'm assuming they are so big now they think that laws no longer apply to them and now they have your money and the wrong item you sent back and expect you to sit and take it that's mental. Just call the credit card and get the ball rolling and then call amazon not live chat and see what they say to it.

Associate
OP
I'm assuming they are so big now they think that laws no longer apply to them and now they have your money and the wrong item you sent back and expect you to sit and take it that's mental. Just call the credit card and get the ball rolling and then call amazon not live chat and see what they say to it.

I agree, with lockdown they're only going to get bigger and more arrogant. Customer support doesn't give a toss i've got nothing for my £229.00. Agents act all nice to begin with then when i mention my problems with getting refund for wrong item delivered that i returned they become very hostile even though i stay polite. I called credit card provider up but they're very busy and will call me back in next 48 hrs.

My theory is an order picker stole phone and replaced with earphones and two remotes, thats a weird combo, probably to match shipping weight of phone.

Soldato
Instead of live chat, call them or request a call back. A human voice is a much better way to deal with this, I've been told a few times on chat no (broken kindle fire) but they were fine on the phone

Soldato
My theory is an order picker stole phone and replaced with earphones and two remotes, thats a weird combo, probably to match shipping weight of phone.

Assuming it came direct from Amazon that would be a challenge - security at the warehouses is meant to be very very heavy (at similar non-amazon facilities I've visited in the past - pat downs and metal detectors to get on or off the floor were required)

Associate
OP
Instead of live chat, call them or request a call back. A human voice is a much better way to deal with this, I've been told a few times on chat no (broken kindle fire) but they were fine on the phone

I've called them many times and can't get through. Also requested call back but they don't call.

Back
Top Bottom