XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Associate
Have a question, I currently have a GPU subscription that was started on November 1st, what is the best way for me to proceed to take advantage of the 3 year GPU deal? Should I cancel my subscription now and then purchase the 3 years using the VPN etc or am I ok to go ahead and buy the 3 years and redeem it to my account etc?
Am clear on the process of aqquiring the 3 years at the reduced cost but not so sure how things stand as i am currently in a monthy subscription for GPU

Soldato
Have a question, I currently have a GPU subscription that was started on November 1st, what is the best way for me to proceed to take advantage of the 3 year GPU deal? Should I cancel my subscription now and then purchase the 3 years using the VPN etc or am I ok to go ahead and buy the 3 years and redeem it to my account etc?
Am clear on the process of aqquiring the 3 years at the reduced cost but not so sure how things stand as i am currently in a monthy subscription for GPU

I believe you need to finish your current GPU sub before taking the new offer.

Pet Northerner
Don

how much time have you purchased for GPU? You got it rolling?

Associate
I bought the pass on November 1st for 10.99
According to my MS account it says

Monthly subscription

Renews on 12/1/2020

So do I need to cancel the reoccuring billing and then buy the 3 years once it is has expired?

Associate
When I go to xbox.com I have the option to upgrade for £1 but When i went to redeem the 12 month xbl code it takes me to my MS account page it said the xbl subscription code would be converted to GPU and would give me 4 months, not 12. So I figure I have to wait until the end of this month before I can cancel then, redeem the xbl code, then upgrade for £1

Does that make sense?

Soldato
When I go to xbox.com I have the option to upgrade for £1 but When i went to redeem the 12 month xbl code it takes me to my MS account page it said the xbl subscription code would be converted to GPU and would give me 4 months, not 12. So I figure I have to wait until the end of this month before I can cancel then, redeem the xbl code, then upgrade for £1

Does that make sense?
Yeah, only get 12 months if you're not already on gamepass

Associate
Not sure what's going on. I bought a year's subscription for xbox gold and converted it to GPU and it's given me 2 years until it next renews.

Very happy and thanks for all the tips in the thread. Just what I needed for the new build. :)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Finally did this after having to wait for a month so I could add the last year. Now have GPU until 11/2023. :cool:

Soldato
I'm going to be getting game pass for PC for the first time. Could someone link to instructions on what I need to do for the offer? I'm not bothered about VPN.

TIA

If you don't want to use VPN then you just need to find the cheapest Xbox Live Gold sub you can from a reseller (CDKeys, Instant Gaming, etc.). Redeem up to three years worth. Then upgrade it to Game Pass Ultimate for £1.

It's the same process as the VPN method, just using the regular UK Xbox store.

Soldato
I'm going to be getting game pass for PC for the first time. Could someone link to instructions on what I need to do for the offer? I'm not bothered about VPN.

TIA
McPhee said it right, just to add the thing to remember when redeeming is don't take the free month Xbox offer by turning on auto renewal if you're stacking gold.

As you can't have more than 3 years, if you do 2 years and get 2 months free when you try and add the final year of gold you won't be able to add it.

Soldato
So to confirm.

Stack 3 years of gold
Use £1 offer for ultimate on xbox website get 3 years worth of ultimate?

I always **** this stuff up lol.

Soldato
What's the deal, £40 for "12 MONTH XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP - (EU)" then an extra £1 to enable PC use? Vs £1+11*7.99=£88.89? Or will EU version die in a few weeks!?

And greater savings if multiple years are stacked?

Soldato
Its pretty insane value and will only get better once games start coming out, as is a bit sparse at the moment if you had the last gen consoles.

It pretty much the only thing keeping me on xbox at the moment, will get the PS5 when available for the exclusives. Would have got rid of xbox otherwise.

Caporegime
Thats me sorted until 20/11/2023 :D

I had to wait two months because I had redeemed the first two codes with recurring billing turned on so ended up with 26 months, so was unable to add another year as the limit is 36 months.

Then did the £1 offer even though I've used it before and jobs a good 'un!

Associate
Don’t ever post but had to make my first post thanking everyone for the advice here, got my 3 years GPU for £90 to go with my Xbox Series X!

Associate
Hi guys, I need a bit of help. I’ve purchased my 12month XBLG Brazil codes and put them in after my GPU expired. However, I’m only seeing

Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass or EA Play membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at the current conversion ratio, up to 36 months (any time over 36 months will be lost). Note that all conversions are final, and the conversion ratio is subject to change.

im definitely back on gold and have no GPU on my account.

What do I do?!?

thanks in advance guys...

Soldato
Hi guys, I need a bit of help. I’ve purchased my 12month XBLG Brazil codes and put them in after my GPU expired. However, I’m only seeing

im definitely back on gold and have no GPU on my account.

What do I do?!?

thanks in advance guys...

Now all you have to do is join game pass ultimate. May cost you either 1 or 11 quid. That should convert all your gold to GPU.

Back
Top Bottom