Sony Xperia 5 II

Associate
Thinking of getting it for myself also. The one we got was for my missus. She's very happy and the battery easily lasts 2 full days, filled with her streaming and listening using the wireless headphones 8 hours a day, as well as the usual social media etc. I can't seem to find another phone that is that good in terms of battery life/camera/performance. Will keep an eye out for any black friday deals.

Associate
Anyone here with a 5ii use Google Duo or any other video calling app on a regular basis.

I am finding that the longer the phone has gone without a reboot, the more latency occurs during video calls. A call between my OnePlus 7 Pro and Pixel 4 the latency is almost unnoticeable, but on my 5ii after its been up a day or so, calling the Pixel 4 the latency can exceed 5 seconds, with freezing and severe sync issues on both ends of the call.
Reboot the 5ii, problem solved for another few hours or so.

This occurs mostly on WiFi but affects data to a lesser extent. When it gets really bad Duo will claim the WiFi is bad and is switching to Data, and it'll cycle between the two constantly. The WiFi is perfectly fine, with other devices including the 5ii happily saturating my FTTC link with reasonable latency under 15ms.

The situation is that every time I get a call from my kids I have to reboot my phone and call them back which is a nuisance and something I shouldn't be having to do on a flagship phone

This issue affected the 1ii too.

Anyone else?

Associate
Sony Xperia 5ii owners, could you check something for me please?

I received my Xperia 5ii yesterday on EE network. When I go to network setting > preferred network type ,. It does not give me the usual option to select between 4g, 3g, 2g etc...

There is only 1 option that if fixed. 5g/4g/3g/2g

Can anyone confirm that this is the same in your Xperia 5ii?

Associate
Update (for anyone interested).

I have tried the Xperia 5 ii with a Vodafone 4g SIM and all network types are open for me to select.

Will dig up an old EE 4g PAYG and test that in a minute.

Associate
Im on Vodafone my options are
- 5G/4G/3G/2G
- 4G/3G/2G
- 3G/2G

Thank you so much.

I just tried the same with a 'Three' 5g sim and all options are available.

I have logged a case with EE tech support who will speak to Sony on Monday to see what the issue is.

Back
Top Bottom