• iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters

RJC

RJC

Don
Pro Max going well so far, first iPhone coming from a P20 Pro, everything switched across easy enough, all WhatsApp was a right chew on, but all sorted. Screen is excellent, just need to get to grips with the differences.

Can I ask what you used for WhatsApp?

My Mum is having my IPhone 11 and she will be coming from Android.

Associate
Can I ask what you used for WhatsApp?

My Mum is having my IPhone 11 and she will be coming from Android.

I spent ages looking for an easy method for Whatsapp and I couldn't find one unfortunately, 'Backuptrans Android Whatspp to iPhone Transfer', cost about £21.00 to buy the licence.

Put the P20 into developer mode and turn on USB debugging, turn off google drive back up in Whatsapp, connect to computer and install program, jump through a few hoops and it downloads everything to the computer then connect the iPhone to the computer and transfer it over, took a good 15 minutes or so and was a hassle, but I had too many important work related conversations I didn't want to lose.

The 'Move to iOS' covered everything else perfectly, took about an hour.

RJC

RJC

Don
I spent ages looking for an easy method for Whatsapp and I couldn't find one unfortunately, 'Backuptrans Android Whatspp to iPhone Transfer', cost about £21.00 to buy the licence.

Put the P20 into developer mode and turn on USB debugging, turn off google drive back up in Whatsapp, connect to computer and install program, jump through a few hoops and it downloads everything to the computer then connect the iPhone to the computer and transfer it over, took a good 15 minutes or so and was a hassle, but I had too many important work related conversations I didn't want to lose.

The 'Move to iOS' covered everything else perfectly, took about an hour.

cheers, I might have todo the same!

Commissario
Hours later and none of my apps had started downloading again from the App Store so I've started the process again. Not having much luck at the moment.

/edit - That's better, it's working now. Time to go to bed and hopefully it'll all be done by the morning.

Associate
Hmm I must have messed up something as I’m having to input tons of passwords for my apps after the iCloud install :confused:

I had same thing couldn't get migration to work so did a restore from cloud once done noticed no passwords.

Wiped it and then tried a migration from my XR to my Max and it worked fine then and the password all over and opened browser windows etc i was using .

Make sure on your cloud back up you have passwords backed up ( keychain)

Soldato
I’m contemplating getting a mini aswel, coming from a 6s, I really prefer the size.

The newer iPhones and specially the 12/pro/pro/max are too big for me .

I imagine anything is better than the battery life I endure oh my 6s these days.

Soldato
Migration worked perfect for me, took about 20 minutes and all my apps are still logged in etc. Watch is synced, everything.

tl;dr - It’s MASSIVE, the camera is great but iOS needs to have more scaling options to take advantage of the screen.

Commissario
All done and now I can actually appreciate what I've got.

Size wise, it feels very similar to the iPhone XS Max and when I hold it, I can't tell that it's slightly taller and wider. However, due to the square edges rather than the rounded edges of the XS Max, it feels thicker, even though it's slightly thinner.

I have fitted a screen protector but there's no way it's going in a case. I'm not even sure I like the protector, I don't have one on the XS and as you may (or may not) be able to see, the screen is in mint condition after two years.

zGfepMb.jpeg

Soldato
@Feek I feel it’s a shame to put it in a case. I think I’ll take mine off once the newness goes.

I had a 3rd party wireless charger for my X but it’s not working on the 12. Is MagSafe charger the only option?

Soldato
Hey guys, will it be possible to do battery replacement in future should battery degrade on the new Iphone 12 or is that something that can only be done through Applecare now?

My previous phone was a 6s and I want to get a 12 mini. Its always been nice knowing I can just get a new battery screen etc with a single days turn around. So I think this is a concern for me.

Back
Top Bottom