Project Kermit - CoreXY iDEX 3D printer

Associate
OP
Just few pictures of some of the printed parts for the iDEX printer, printed in 3DJAKE rPETg Green filament. I wasn't sure how well the magnetic extruder mount would work, but with 3x 8mm Neodymium magnets it holds pretty strong.

New video on my YouTube channel tomorrow going over the Duet 3 I'll be using in the build.

Associate
OP
New video out now my @YouTube channel. A look at the @Duet3D Duet 3 control board. I'll be using it on my coreXY iDEX printer, so let's take a look at it shall we.

Associate
OP
My recent video on how to assemble and hot tighten the E3D V6 HotEnd. I also talk about the configuration options you have for a V6.

Associate
OP
Today we take a look at the rPETg filament 3DJAKE sent to me for the iDEX 3D printer build. I talk about what I like about the box, spool and filament and also the very things I would like to see as improvements. I then take a look at some of the printed parts of the iDEX 3D printer project, talking about the excellent design choices Hunter made and what I like about the extruder mount design.

Associate
OP
Well it's now looking more like a CoreXY iDEX printer, delays with parts and issues with the printed parts have held me back but the project is moving along nicely again.

EghBrD8VgAExWj8

Associate
OP
A look at the frame of project Kermit in video format. I also talk about some of the issues I've been having, that have been holding up the build.

Associate
OP
Bit of an update. (Cut & Paste from the Duet Forum)

Hi all,

So I thought as I'm now a Duet3D convert I should post my new printer build. First this to say it's still very much a work in progress, it's going to be an iDEX printer but currently only has one tool carriage installed, while I get to grips with the firmware side of things. This is my first Duet3D board so it's be a learning experience but once I got my head around it, it's going well.

So spec are currently,

Duet 3 0.6 with 3.1.1 firmware with a raspberry pi 3B attached.
300mm on X, 270mm on Y and 300mm on Z.
It has a Prusa MK3 extruder on a magnetic carriage system, allowing for quick hotend swaps.
E3D V6 hotends 24v.
700W Keenovo 240V AC bed attached to a 5mm Aluminium Tooling Plate.
Bed leveling is via a PINDA v1 from my old MK2.

So when I say it's a D-Bot/CrusaXY mash up that basically means I used my 300mm D-Bot (Link) for parts to make the printer designed by Hunter Bernstein on thingiverse (Link). The parts I printed are version 1 and they have been updated but I'm going to use this for now. The idea behind Hunter's design is to use a Creality3D CR-10 S5 and convert it to an iDEX printer, I didn't have a CR-10 so when the D-Bot conversion route.

So on to some pictures, I will be updating this thread as I add the extra tool etc but for now this is what it looks like.

So as you can see I'm using a quick disconnect extruder board, these are connected with a 26pin ribbon cable and so far works great, I remixed some things of thingiverse to make a bracket that holds the cable and I used some flat 9.5x0.3mm spring steel to support the cable (Like the E3D tool changer)

Well that's about it for now, I'll post updates soon.

Thanks,

James.

Back
Top Bottom