Amazon refusing to refund for wrong item delivered that I returned.

Soldato
You can contact their Jeff@amazon email address for an escalation.

Google it to check but I think that winds up at the Amazon head office complaints.

They've sorted a couple of issues I've had over the years.

Soldato
I ordered a monitor off em, looked like the borrower's were shining little lights from top and bottom.

I was ill at time and paid £35 postage back. Got home realised no tracking just a signed postage, welp. Left it 3 weeks then got a refund after contacting live chat and showing them my crappy receipt lol

Felt like I should have drove it myself

Associate
That reminded me when I had to use the live chat about 6 weeks ago:

When saving live chat to HTML, make sure you do it just before the conversation ends. When the agent finishes off with "is there anything else I can do for you?" and you say "no, all good thanks", the chat window closes automatically, meaning that you lose the audit trail. So make sure you save the chat just before that last line!
Actually, whenever you open live chat, your prior convos will be above :)

Associate
When I was building my last PC I ordered a Corsair M2 drive from Amazon and when it was delivered the actual drive was missing from the box. Amazon where quite helpful and believed me when I said it was missing and sent out a replacement no quibble.

Caporegime
I'd go down that route, asking them on their stance. They're normally pretty good with such issues.
I imagine Amazon could be tightening things up given they're mentioning weight checks. Lightly had numerous fraud type refund requests.

Been standard practice for ages that the just put returns over a scales and weigh it which the fraudsters no and make sure the brick or clay they send back weighs the same as the original item.

Too expensive for Amazon to open and check each returned item.

Back
Top Bottom