Turtle Beach Stealth 700x connectivity

Soldato
Hi

I'm looking for a new headset, and started posted in the main xbox series x thread but didn't want to clutter it up so created a new one.

I'm in need of a new headset that can support the new Series X natively but also allow me to move between PC and Android devices seamlessly. Xbox should use the native xbox connection but pc/android can be via 3.5mm or bluetooth as long as it remains easy to connect.

I understand that the original Gen 1 700X could do the above and that the latest gen 2 has the same functions so I'm wondering whether anyone has any experience with the Gen 1s and how they performed away from the Xbox? I looked at the Steel Series 9x but they appear to have an awkward method of switching between devices that is cumbersome so may have gone back to these ones...

I'm open for options too but probably no more than the 9X (that is more expensive in NZ compared to the 700X gen 2)... anyone got any thoughts?

Soldato
I've been looking too and it seems 7x, 9x, 600, 700 gen 2 and Audeze Penrose X are the ones to go for, it's all academic really though until it's released.
I'm using some seinheser TV headphones at present but want something with a mic that sounds good and doesn't make me look 12.

Soldato
OP
Thanks yeah I'm still torn... The 9x is available in NZ at the moment but reviews seem not so good with the Bluetooth connection to PC's seeming unreliable.

The 700x gen 2s look nice but still not sure so looking for advice.

Soldato
7x seems to have got some decent reviews, I just bought a pair on the back of them bit pricey though at £159 direct
should have used the code 'YELO12' and got them for £140 :)

Or better still cancel the order then reorder using the promo code.

Soldato
I've got the gen 2 700's and really like the audio on them, especially the super human hearing which is enabling me to pin point foot steps in MW much more easily.

I find them really uncomfortable though. I played online for 2 hours last night and my head felt like it was in a vice and the cooling gel cushions were starting to feel quite warm. I dont have a particularly big head and I've been trying to stretch them for the last week by leaving them spread over a head size box but no joy.

Back
Top Bottom