If you have a series x and OLED play this

Caporegime
I don't think it happens that quickly.

No but if you're a huge fan of a particular game and there are static elements (particularly bright white) you're going to get some pixels ageing faster than others over a period of time and panel maintenance may not be able to compensate for it. It may very well be that burn-in isn't as much of an issue on OLED as it was plasma but the worry is still there.

Soldato
No but if you're a huge fan of a particular game and there are static elements (particularly bright white) you're going to get some pixels ageing faster than others and panel maintenance may not be able to compensate for it. It may very well be that burn-in isn't as serious on OLED as it was plasma but the worry is still there.

Oh yeah it's a massive worry. I feel like I'd always be worrying what was happening on my screen if I had one.

Permabanned
OP
Making me worried now haha. I tend to replace tvs every 3 years. Granted this is the most expensive TV I've ever had. I'd hope it wouldn't burn in with all the protections.

But until I played this, I never really saw the OLED perks. Need some films now

Soldato
I've had an OLED for a couple of years and never had burn in issues despite playing a LOT of games on it with bright hud elements etc. Most of them have pretty good tech to prevent this.

img

img

Associate
Have lg c6 since it was released and kids leave it on same games for hours and no burn in. In fact it was on same thing for over a day when they messed up and no issue from that, really never worried about it.

V F

V F

Soldato
Had OLEDs for years never had any burn in. Used by the whole family for just about everything too.....

High contrast games are mesmerising on OLED, however, I've been really left mouth watering with The Last of Us 2 on OLED. Like the tunnels scenes with all the red flares and darkness.

Soldato
I've got a C7 and a C8, mainly use the C7 for gaming, for 3 plus years. No sign of any burn in, and I'm a pretty heavy gamer. I've had three years of gorgeous OLED gaming, you guys have had three years of worry :p :D

Might have to upgrade to next years LG to take advantage of Dolby Vision though.

Soldato
Have lg c6 since it was released and kids leave it on same games for hours and no burn in. In fact it was on same thing for over a day when they messed up and no issue from that, really never worried about it.

I wish I was that lucky. I've had a C6 for years and my kids appear to have permanently burnt in a Nicktoons logo in the bottom right corner. It's weird because they don't really use that TV all that much so all I can think of is that they just left it on Nicktoons the whole time I've been at work, with some major regularity :D I'll have to put up with it for now but when I move house and I get my own room for my gaming stuff I'll buy a new OLED. To be fair it's only noticeable on certain backgrounds - white/ blue or red seems to show it up but it's not really noticeable for the most part.

Soldato
I tried this last night on my One X and old 1080p LCD, and it was pretty good. I loved the way the music built up as you play, looking forward to trying it when my OLED arrives.

Having said that, it is still just Tetris.

Back
Top Bottom