Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Soldato
I just can't get the picture of my mum driving her Yaris out of my head. I mean, its a Yaris :p

A Yaris just wouldn't scratch any itch for me.
My second car is a 2004 Yaris and I really like it :D. Only 800-900 max kg too. Been in the family since 2008. Worse thing is the steering I find but it's great as a runabout. I've had quite a few performance cars in the past too but for what it is, it's a great little old banger :)

Man of Honour
My second car is a 2004 Yaris and I really like it :D. Only 800-900 max kg too. Been in the family since 2008. Worse thing is the steering I find but it's great as a runabout. I've had quite a few performance cars in the past too but for what it is, it's a great little old banger :)

It served her well. Wouldn't pay top money for a 'high performance' offering though.

Associate
Nice. I love proper specials like this. It's like the opposite of BMW sticking a body kit on a 3 series and an M badge on the back :p

If i was in the market for a fast hatch I'd be checking these out for sure.

OcUK Staff
OP
I've been tempted and by the 0% finance deal and I hate finance usually. I read the first year cars are nearly sold out already but have not found clarity on this, inc when and how many in second year and how long total production for. Would probably replace the MX-5 RF I bought new last year if I do but that's a great car too, just not sure I want to run two nice cars -currently have an old banger as a runabout.
Left an enquiry with a local dealer and said they'll have a demonstrator in next month or two. Asked me if I would make up my mind by looking around a std Yaris :). I can understand why as I mentioned the boot space a few times and I think they got the impression that was the only thing I was concerned about - but it does need to fit my brompton folded, something the MX-5 cannot do. I want to be sure it's a long term keeper however so would want to check one out before deciding.

Should hold it's value well IMO. Very rare breed of car.
Red or pearlescent white & circuit pack would be my choice.

Yeah deal is very good, I took the 0% offer, they will finalise details but its something like 7k down, £299 a month for 2yr and then a 15k final payment. If all goes well I should take delivery in 3-4 months time. Paid 1k now and will sell the Abarth once I know 110% I am getting one, will then advertise Abarth six weeks prior to delivery as worth around 10-11k, so will have change from the 7k down.

Will also sell the M5 and go and buy an Alfa Quad, but will just buy outright unless I can get a sub 2% finance deal on a used one, but unlikely as will probably buy private anyway.

Soldato
Just completed an order for this, if nothing else just to reserve a build slot. I went for the Pearl white with circuit pack, but slightly disappointed you can't consolidate packages. JDM looks to get water spray intercooler and the heated seat option. However, I decided I'm "meh" about those. JBL stereo, sure, but tech ages, and the fact you can still just use Android Auto or ACP in the Circuit Pack makes it easier to deal with. April for me, but suspect some build date push back.

Soldato
I've been tempted and by the 0% finance deal and I hate finance usually. I read the first year cars are nearly sold out already but have not found clarity on this, inc when and how many in second year and how long total production for. Would probably replace the MX-5 RF I bought new last year if I do but that's a great car too, just not sure I want to run two nice cars -currently have an old banger as a runabout.
Left an enquiry with a local dealer and said they'll have a demonstrator in next month or two. Asked me if I would make up my mind by looking around a std Yaris :). I can understand why as I mentioned the boot space a few times and I think they got the impression that was the only thing I was concerned about - but it does need to fit my brompton folded, something the MX-5 cannot do. I want to be sure it's a long term keeper however so would want to check one out before deciding.

Should hold it's value well IMO. Very rare breed of car.
Red or pearlescent white & circuit pack would be my choice.

I was told it’s 750 in 2020 and 1000 in 2021.

All of the 2020 allocation has gone so any orders now are for 2021. All salesman numbers so can be taken with a pinch of salt.

Soldato
The JBL speakers+amp is quite a big improvement over the standard Toyota stuff. I had them in my GT86.
I suspect to some degree a lot of the potential retrofit paths will exist in the loom if you really wanted JBL speakers and amp. I also think that there will be a jap tuning revival for this particular car which will be great to see. The resale is for the purists though. Find one of these in a garage in 30 years time with 5k on the clock and you'll be paying chunks for it.

OcUK Staff
OP
I suspect to some degree a lot of the potential retrofit paths will exist in the loom if you really wanted JBL speakers and amp. I also think that there will be a jap tuning revival for this particular car which will be great to see. The resale is for the purists though. Find one of these in a garage in 30 years time with 5k on the clock and you'll be paying chunks for it.

Mine won’t have 5k on it as I intend to drive the wheels of it and hoping it can be tuned to 300-350ish maybe even 400 and I’ll get it down to 1250kg, looking forward to and sounds a proper fun car. Chris Harris called it a supercar killer which clearly speaks volumes of its ability on a back road. I can’t decide on colour at moment apart from ruling black out.

min leaning towards white but can’t decide between flat white or Pearl and I kind of like the idea of wrapping it orange or green. :D

Soldato
Looking at the videos it definitely needs a proper exhaust and maybe a cat removing if it has more than one, it's way to quiet for this kind of car. Also the fake exhaust sound in the cabin disabling.

Soldato
Mine won’t have 5k on it as I intend to drive the wheels of it and hoping it can be tuned to 300-350ish maybe even 400 and I’ll get it down to 1250kg, looking forward to and sounds a proper fun car. Chris Harris called it a supercar killer which clearly speaks volumes of its ability on a back road. I can’t decide on colour at moment apart from ruling black out.

min leaning towards white but can’t decide between flat white or Pearl and I kind of like the idea of wrapping it orange or green. :D

Same, I won't be driving it all over the place though, I want it to retain some degree of excitement, to choose to drive it, rather than have to drive it, if that makes sense. I took a while over the colour too, pearl white just seemed to tick the boxes of better than red or black, and also not boring white :D. Tuning will be great, and basically anything with 4wd and this type of classic Toyota engine and reliability has the potential to tune well, so fingers crossed. Are you in a 2021 build slot?

Soldato

I like pearl white but from some angles, with the sun on, it looks a little more matt than I'd like. Difficult to know without seeing in the flesh. Red is nice too but looks dark sometimes. Flat white the safe option and black too, if people like black - I don't. I might have a wander around local Toyota dealership used lot to see if I can an example of the peal white & scarlet flare red.
I'd be almost temped to buy the rarest colour, as long as it's not black. In future it might demand a premium, used, although my next car will be a long term keeper so won't be too worried about resale.
The Alfa Quad looks awesome btw.

If I go ahead, a delivery later next year I wouldn't actually mind so in no rush.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom