What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Currently watching 'The Missing' on Amazon Prime. Missed it when it came out.

Season 1 was good but nothing to shout about. I'm 6 episodes in to season 2 and really enjoying it.

Tchéky Karyo is great in both seasons.

Soldato
"The Liberator" on Netflix. It's good but oddly distracting. It's obvious that they filmed it live then rotoscoped it. The end result is this weird cartoonish look that detracts from the story and constantly pulls me out of the action/tension.
In this day and age I'm really surprised that a concept in which Native Americans, Mexicans and "dust bowl cowboys" form a fighting unit to battle against actual Nazis would be treated like this. It's literally becomes cartoon violence.
Perculiar and I'd much rather have watched it 'straight'.

Associate
Just finished the truth seekers ... I enjoyed it.

It's nothing that I'm going to be running round trying to get everyone I know to watch, but it was just an easy going thing that was nice to have on while I was playing some games. I like Nick Frost and that helped with things, and I'd be up for watching another season of it (it's only 8 episodes).

Soldato
Tried "Liberator" and found the format pointless and irritating so gave it up after 40mins or so. Just one episode in on "Queen's Gambit." Not quite what I was expecting and pretty good so far.

Associate
The Blood of Zeus - mixed.

The animation style was nice, but they did this weird thing that when they wanted something to happen slowly they just slowed the frame rate down so it got all juddery, I noticed it in multiple places and it was kinda distracting.
While the story itself was a fresh thing I couldn't help but feel it was something I'd already seen a ton of times due to the setting and the familiar elements, which led me to just feeling a little bored at times.

I'd probably not bother with a second season of it if one sprung up, but I can't really say it was objectively bad.

Associate
The Kennedys: Triumph and Tragedy (Channel 4)

Until watching I did not realise that such a dynasty had such bad fortune. Fascinating watch, it does gloss over some stuff, for instance, Marilyn, the Mafia connections & Vietnam and yet a very slick series (narrated by Martin Sheen) and definitely worthy of a watch if you like history.

Makes you think about those who were responsible for the assassinations.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just finished watching series 1 of The Mandalorian.

Enjoyable but mostly just ‘watchable’. I like that the episodes are self-contained and revisiting the world is fun but there is no real decent character development or ongoing tension from any of the characters. So in that sense it’s bland and feels drawn out.

From a visual spectacle / world exploration perspective, it’s great. Some of the supporting characters are also great. I particularly enjoy the robot in the first episode.

Ultimately though, I’m not hungering to watch series 2.

I’m also annoyed with the actor that shows up towards the end. He’s in everything playing the same role. Go away!!

I have spoken.

Soldato
Just finished Picard. I thought this show had a great start, and although it was good to see some of the old characters again, I thought the quality of the story dropped off a cliff towards the end and had a very poor ending!

Soldato
Started Warrior Nun on Netflix.

First episode was a struggle. I just cannot buy the lead as matching up with her backstory or age. It's really grating.

The end of the episode gave me enough to see what happens next, and the disconnect with the lead casting is wearing off a little as it goes.

Jury is out after two episodes.

I'm also continuing with Auntie Donnas House of Fun. It's good fun, but not one to binge.

Back
Top Bottom