• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Also went with the Dell S2721DGF monitor for the Series X - got it for a great price (was advertised on Digital Foundry Deals) - appears to be German stock... but it is perfect! Give me 1440p / 120hz on as many games as possible please! Supports VRR as well so ideal

Soldato
Anyone picked up a series s yet. Be interested in your thoughts. I'm picking one up tomorrow
Honestly for 250 there's very little to complain about and with Gamepass there is so much to play your be easily entertained.
Form factor is great, its silent (but runs hot so careful about ventilation)

Space hasn't been an issue for me, but I have a feeling many of the complaints there are because of people playing COD which just eats up space.

My only complaint is that I wish there were more back compat games on the store....theres some I have on disk that I would happily pay to have digital but they are just not there.

Man of Honour
Honestly for 250 there's very little to complain about and with Gamepass there is so much to play your be easily entertained.
Form factor is great, its silent (but runs hot so careful about ventilation)

Space hasn't been an issue for me, but I have a feeling many of the complaints there are because of people playing COD which just eats up space.

My only complaint is that I wish there were more back compat games on the store....theres some I have on disk that I would happily pay to have digital but they are just not there.

Halo 5 and Halo MCC are 100GB each, so if you play multiplayer Halo you need to buy more storage if you want to play much else.

Soldato
Thanks for the info @Kreeeee @Puzzled . I'm getting it for free so was considering selling up and keeping the cash to go towards either ps5 or series x

If you don't mind waiting for stock then you might as well sell while demand is high and put the money towards either of those. I think the Series S will be a better proposition in say 6 months time when more games have either been released or enhanced. It's still good value but at the moment 90% of the gamepass catalogue doesn't look great with enhanced Series S titles being very limited.

The Series X has the same problem with a lack of games but at least it can get the most out of the back catalogue while waiting.

I'm still torn on what to do with mine, I might sell it and put the money towards a Series X next year or I might keep it and get a PS5. I would like to play through some of the Xbox back catalogue at its best but I'll have a look at what is coming up next year and see which titles interest me most.

Storage wise I wouldn't be surprised if Series S becomes 1TB as standard within a year or two.

Last edited:
Caporegime
A solid 10 hours of Gears Tactics today... :o
Xbox didn’t miss a beat, warmed up to a reasonable amount that one would expect and didn’t hear it make a single sound all day :cool:

I have fallen in love with Gears tactics! Think its my favourite game on gamepass at the moment.

As you say, the x series is impressively silent. I can only ever hear it if I put my ear right up to it!

I love that from the touch of the controller button to turn the machine on, you are actually playing the game within like 10 second!

Soldato
Also went with the Dell S2721DGF monitor for the Series X - got it for a great price (was advertised on Digital Foundry Deals) - appears to be German stock... but it is perfect! Give me 1440p / 120hz on as many games as possible please! Supports VRR as well so ideal

Sounds like it ticks all the boxes I'll check it out thanks

Associate
I do like the look of a couple of PS5 games at release but Xbox Series X, Gsmepass and an OLED is still really impressive.

Playing Halo 5 campaign with my son and Fallen Order. Super smooth and lovely HDR. All about Cyberpunk though.

I take a gander at the Graphics Card forum here, see the mess that industry is in and console gaming is a much more sensible option.

P.S. I have a pair of Seies Xs. My son using his gardening job cash to fund his own one.....how could I refuse him his own one

Soldato
Halo 5 and Halo MCC are 100GB each, so if you play multiplayer Halo you need to buy more storage if you want to play much else.

500GB is a bit mean but there has to be compromises for that price point, and most of us coped with that amount last gen.

With MCC you have the option of selecting which games you wish to install, and that includes the campaigns and multiplayer so it's easy to reduce the install size significantly.

If you have a cheap external drive for cold storage then it's easy to swap games between that and the internal storage and much quicker than downloading whatever 70GB+ game you wish to play over and over.

Soldato
For God's sake. Hopefully my current issue isn't something will experience much swapping between 60hz and 120hz screens.

Yesterday was playing cod cw on 120hz and loved it. Moved to bedroom for a bit late last night. Now back on 120hz acreen and can't enable 120hz.

Have made sure 120hz selected in console settings, have made sure i quit game, and have restarted console.

Mind you, i can also no longer enable ray tracing either, which was fine last night

Soldato
For God's sake. Hopefully my current issue isn't something will experience much swapping between 60hz and 120hz screens.

Yesterday was playing cod cw on 120hz and loved it. Moved to bedroom for a bit late last night. Now back on 120hz acreen and can't enable 120hz.

Have made sure 120hz selected in console settings, have made sure i quit game, and have restarted console.

Mind you, i can also no longer enable ray tracing either, which was fine last night

Silly question but you're using the right hdmi cable yeah?

Don't think that would impact ray tracing tho.

Soldato
Does anyone know the difference between

LG 55CX5LB

And

LG 55CX6LA

Google suggests its just the colour of the stand but thought I would check in with the resident experts here at OCUK! :)

Associate
Does anyone know the difference between

LG 55CX5LB

And

LG 55CX6LA

Google suggests its just the colour of the stand but thought I would check in with the resident experts here at OCUK! :)

Yep, helps them in not having to price match competitors prices as its a "different" model.

If you get from C*rrys/computerWorld make sure you go through Quidco link for 8% off the price in cashback.

Back
Top Bottom