** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
Best contact the shop directly, on the main forum page at the top you've got the customer service sub forums :)

Hello again all

I contacted customer service yesterday, had to wait 30 minutes in a queue before i even spoke to anyone, when i eventually got through to someone, i explained that i have ordered/bought a msi 3070 ventus 3x and not yet had any notification about where i am in the queue for the card and his response to that was "I should have somekind of response within 7 days of the purchase" and i did ask roughly how long it might be before they come back into stock.

His response to that was that he was "going to have a look for me" but then the internet system was down for them, which i found completely bizarre but anyway i pushed him for a answer, and he said, in a sketchy sort of way " it might be December or Janurary",Great!

I know how it all works as i work in the retail sector for a electrical retailer (Washing machines/tv's ect,ect) and i know what it is like to order stock directly from either a manufacturer or a wholesaler, and if a customer purchases something from my company, that we do not have in stock, we can find out from the manufacturer/wholesaler in what the ETA is for "x appliance" to arrive into their warehouse and shipped to us, so we can advise customer when it is that they can have said item.

And i know at the moment it's pretty damn hard for us to get hold of stock from abroad thanks to good'ol coronavirus and manufacturing processes, is this the same for buying new GPU's and other items?
A bit of transparency goes a long way!

Associate
Now 7 weeks and not 1 (non oc) Asus tuf 3080? At this rate Ill be lucky to see it next year.

Sadly I'm inclined to agree. Going off the rate at which they're being supplied, only next year seems realistic. I was hoping before big navi was released we'd see an influx in stock as Nvidia try to stop it's customers from jumping ship. But it doesn't even look like they're capable of that...
I'm honestly quite tempted by big navi but for the wrong reasons, it's mostly just because of spite for Nvidia.
The unveil did look promising but I'm going to wait for reviews regardless, with AMD having the record they do with GPU's.

Associate
So, I got a confirmation that my Palit 3070 OC has shipped (yay!) and was sent another email about my GeForce NOW code. It says in the email that there are two codes separated by a comma. One code on the left being my Watch Dogs code, and the other being the Geforce Now code. There is no comma and it appears there is only one code. Anyone had this issue?

Associate
So, I got a confirmation that my Palit 3070 OC has shipped (yay!) and was sent another email about my GeForce NOW code. It says in the email that there are two codes separated by a comma. One code on the left being my Watch Dogs code, and the other being the Geforce Now code. There is no comma and it appears there is only one code. Anyone had this issue?

Strangely, to my shock i also had a confirmation late yesterday that my ordered gpu was to ready to be shipped, and less than 24 hrs later it's arrived and currently sitting proud in my pc along with it's support bracket - and the bizarre thing is i never even had any email saying where i was waiting in a queue!

Associate

I had the same thing on launch day. I sent a webnote a week after I received my card (figured they were busy and this wasn't important) and was told that the Watchdogs code was while supply lasted and I had missed out. I found this strange because I had my order confirmed email 40 minutes after release. They must have been very limited indeed. I decided not to pursue it further because in reality I will never play it, but it did leave a sour taste.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

Keep cancelling it suits me.
I cannot believe these reactions. Over a year ago the industry reported news about the massive pressure coming on the chip market. Firstly Trump and his mad tariffs. Secondly Microsoft and Sony ordering shed loads for their coming consoles. And now of course corona as well.
Comments like ASUS have no intention of making cards ..... really?
Nvidia should have already made millllions of GPUs.
First world problems you know.

Thank you OC. And the efforts I am still in the queue my card is coming. For goodness sake. :)

Just wait till we get all our new cards and Nvidia bring out the Ti range eh! And release the actual Ampere Titan.

Soldato
I cannot believe these reactions. Over a year ago the industry reported news about the massive pressure coming on the chip market. Firstly Trump and his mad tariffs. Secondly Microsoft and Sony ordering shed loads for their coming consoles. And now of course corona as well.

Thank you OC. And the efforts I am still in the queue my card is coming. For goodness sake. :)

Just wait till we get all our new cards and Nvidia bring out the Ti range eh! And release the actual Ampere Titan.
I think people have a right to feel a bit disappointed if they have paid £700 for a card 2 months ago are in a queue of 2000 and Asus hasn't even shipped one card yet "tuf non OC".

Associate

Climb down off your high horse please... 1 person may have said ASUS aren't making non OC TUF cards, I've not seen the post because Gibbo's response was on the update thread, where there are no responses, other than that people have just asked the question... They clearly misunderstood Gibbo's post and he corrected them, why focus on what 1 person has said in error? And can you blame people for questioning if it's being made, when there's not been a single card delivered since release? they had 30 or so on release and that was it. When you see deliveries of pretty much every other card except that one, you can understand the presumption.

I understand there's supply issues for the various reasons you've stated, but Nvidia shouldn't have launched a product they were nothing like ready to supply, it should have been delayed, which they're probably kicking themselves for not doing now...
2 months is a long time to not have any of a specific 3rd party card delivered when there's thousands on order from just 1 retailer...
We live in the 1st world and we're having a discussion on a internet forum for a technology outlet, literally everything on here is a first world problem. Gamers Nexus similarly got on his high horse over this, saying "it's not food or water". No ****?! Who's claiming it is? Or behaving like it is?
People kill and steal when food and water are in short supply, I don't think we're quite there yet... People are just frustrated with the lack of apology and clarity on the situation from Nvidia not Overclockers, they're just a retailer... Even 3rd part card vendors are at the whim of Nvidia, it all comes down to how many GPU's they can supply.

Your patience is a good thing don't get me wrong, I just didn't like the preachy tone you were taking, like Nvidia are innocent of any wrong doing, so I got my rant on :)

"Just wait till we get all our new cards and Nvidia bring out the Ti range eh! "

That will always be the case, although I hope the rumours of a 3080Ti being released in January are false, Nvidia clearly aren't going to be able to clear the back log for 3080's by then and the Ti variant will most likely use the same GPU, further adding to supply issues... It's all rumours for now though so we'll have to wait and see.

Soldato
Hello again all

I contacted customer service yesterday, had to wait 30 minutes in a queue before i even spoke to anyone, when i eventually got through to someone, i explained that i have ordered/bought a msi 3070 ventus 3x and not yet had any notification about where i am in the queue for the card and his response to that was "I should have somekind of response within 7 days of the purchase" and i did ask roughly how long it might be before they come back into stock.

His response to that was that he was "going to have a look for me" but then the internet system was down for them, which i found completely bizarre but anyway i pushed him for a answer, and he said, in a sketchy sort of way " it might be December or Janurary",Great!

I know how it all works as i work in the retail sector for a electrical retailer (Washing machines/tv's ect,ect) and i know what it is like to order stock directly from either a manufacturer or a wholesaler, and if a customer purchases something from my company, that we do not have in stock, we can find out from the manufacturer/wholesaler in what the ETA is for "x appliance" to arrive into their warehouse and shipped to us, so we can advise customer when it is that they can have said item.

And i know at the moment it's pretty damn hard for us to get hold of stock from abroad thanks to good'ol coronavirus and manufacturing processes, is this the same for buying new GPU's and other items?
A bit of transparency goes a long way!

OCUK have completely dropped the ball on this launch. Totally overcome by GREED, they did not stop and think for ONE MINUTE about how and when they were going to fulfill people's orders, all they cared about was grabbing as much money as possible, and **** the customer.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

OCUK have completely dropped the ball on this launch. Totally overcome by GREED, they did not stop and think for ONE MINUTE about how and when they were going to fulfill people's orders, all they cared about was grabbing as much money as possible, and **** the customer.

Reality due to manufacturing and global issues... Most retailers probably will be limited to receiving stock as the manufacturer has a ridiculous amount of demand.
The manufacturer cannot just meet all that demand instantly.

The retailer may have 300 sales for one brand but cannot just order 300 units as by the time those 300 units are actually manufactured they may receive 200 refund requests.

OCUK are pretty transparent and most people aware of the tech industry knew this was coming. I was talking to my colleagues in November 2019 about the coming tech supply probs as the future consoles arrive before we even added in the Corona probs.

Show me a single UK retailer that did not drop the ball. Show me any retailer I can call up and get a 3 series card in 48 hrs right now?

Every retailer is going to fulfil every order in line.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

coming off my high horse it is actually just a small pony. :)

The idea Nvidia should not have launched a GPU that they cannot supply. Firstly again the same problems. Have a look over Playstation 5 and Xbox world at people not happy with ordering. It is going to get worse as a lot of people who have no idea are still going to assume they can buy a console 2 weeks before xmas.
This happens every year with the latest toy or item that trends in August etc and is utterly sold out by xmas.

AMD are about to get the same drama as they have not got enough GPUs to meet the demand that is coming.

Tesla at one point had a near 2 year waiting list. Because of the value of a car of course you did not pay full price but to get a place in the Tesla queue was a lot more than a GPU card costs.

The greatest thing is that this year has seen an impressive jump in tech spec. Literally everyone that likes a console wants a new console. Literally everyone that likes PC wants a new GPU and are eyeing up AMD CPUs big time. 4000Mhz RAM is dropping a little in costs. SSDs are shockingly low in costs. All meaning that the entire planet is keen to upgrade tech.

Some of my friends think Nvidia will release Hopper by 2022! I hope not. That will cause rage.

Personally I plan to build a new system. I have 1080s just now and a 3070 is such a good card for me. So i can wait for the 3080 Ti and see March 2021 and what Intel have to offer although I would much prefer to see at least a 10nm chip from them. By then people will have used AMD Zen 3 and there will be plenty data to look at I still fancy it as a new CPU build.

I picked the ASUS 3070 Dual - NON OC - OC is pfft- what a few fps maybe? Also 3 fans and RGB? Pfffft. I thought this will be fine no one will want it so much the fashion for RGB now is so bad. :)
My system will always sit below my desk so i care not to look at it. Like driving a car with a glass bonnet so you can look into the engine while you drive it?? Why though ;)

Queue position 382 ;)

Soldato
AMD are small company compared to nvidia and are supplying CPU, GPU and console SOCs all from the same silicon so you can understand why their supply is constrained yet nvidia just make GPUs and only the gaming division gaming GPUs are made on Samsung 8nm so die supply really shouldn't be an issue and if it's down to the process nit being ready then it shouldn't have been released.

Associate
In a fortunate (cruel?) twist of fate, looks like my Giga 3080 Eagle OC (ordered from another vendor) will arrive now literally on Weds, same day as the 6800XT launch. I'm going to likely hold on to the 3080 and will try to order a 6800XT here tomorrow.

As for nV being at fault, this was going to happen no matter when they released. They could have released in January and stock would still be sold out in minutes. It's the nasty coincidence of 1) product(s) offering a real performance increase for the first time in a long time, 2) pent up people due to lock down, 3) scalpers with automated tools. AMD is seeing the same thing (if not worse) now with Zen 3, and will see it again with RDNA 2.

I'm on the fence with retailers who have (and continue to) take preorders with no stock in site. On one hand, holding onto someone's cash for months with no idea when stock will be available is in bad faith; on the other hand, there would be no other way to create a (somewhat) fair queueing system. Preordering should be like doing a property exchange: the buyer puts down a 10% deposit in an escroe, and the seller is bound to provide the order by a certain date. If either party backs out/cancels or cannot meet the date, the deposit is forfeit to the other party. I guarantee this model would 1) broadly discourage scalpers, 2) stop retailers taking orders for stock they won't have, 3) stop customers from backing out of their preorders.

Associate
Guys, the issue is not nVidia. We all knew this would happen. The issue is with ASUS producing/shipping only the OC versions. There is no balance. They say "We get good chips so we make OC version cards". Well, this can last months until you get a less productive chip to create a non OC version. And the difference is just the firmware - why not get the extra 30-40 quid from the same card, right. Screw the people who ordered on 17th.

Some of us are in a tough situation - I need the card before UK leaves the EU on 1.1.2021. Also, we cannot just cancel the order for another card since the prices are higher than on launch day.

Associate
Reality due to manufacturing and global issues... Most retailers probably will be limited to receiving stock as the manufacturer has a ridiculous amount of demand.
The manufacturer cannot just meet all that demand instantly.

The retailer may have 300 sales for one brand but cannot just order 300 units as by the time those 300 units are actually manufactured they may receive 200 refund requests.

OCUK are pretty transparent and most people aware of the tech industry knew this was coming. I was talking to my colleagues in November 2019 about the coming tech supply probs as the future consoles arrive before we even added in the Corona probs.

Show me a single UK retailer that did not drop the ball. Show me any retailer I can call up and get a 3 series card in 48 hrs right now?

Every retailer is going to fulfil every order in line.
Can't order any 30XX for delivery this week from an ee'tailer, except a scalper on eBay..

Associate
Guys, the issue is not nVidia. We all knew this would happen. The issue is with ASUS producing/shipping only the OC versions. There is no balance. They say "We get good chips so we make OC version cards". Well, this can last months until you get a less productive chip to create a non OC version. And the difference is just the firmware - why not get the extra 30-40 quid from the same card, right. Screw the people who ordered on 17th.

Some of us are in a tough situation - I need the card before UK leaves the EU on 1.1.2021. Also, we cannot just cancel the order for another card since the prices are higher than on launch day.

Yes MSRP prices were a dream, all way above that, also the AMD Zen 3 prices are going up as well wi5th no firm dates for availability but someone on Zen 2 might be better with a new GPU when they are available for now. Will be interesting ro see what Nvidia's response will be and what will happen with the 3060s.

Soldato
The main issue is that everyone piled in on one or two SKUs, mainly the ASUS TUF which now have huge lines. The other brands aren’t anywhere near as bad, Palit for example had a very small queue and even went into stock at one point. There all pretty similar at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom