New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
As of today some people are still getting quoted £280 for the Dell, the new MSI will probably be over £400.
I'm be keeping an eye on my order but if it arrives before xmas it's a fantastic deal.

Has anyone managed to get an order number from the email quote? I tried mailing the rep I was dealing with but no reply yet.

Associate
As of today some people are still getting quoted £280 for the Dell, the new MSI will probably be over £400.
I'm be keeping an eye on my order but if it arrives before xmas it's a fantastic deal.

Has anyone managed to get an order number from the email quote? I tried mailing the rep I was dealing with but no reply yet.

Open up chat and ask for it

Associate

Same issue here, was told i had to email the rep.
Was the guys name Afreem by chance.

Soldato
Makes me laugh that people are moaning about not getting a brand new model monitor for less than retail..and placing multiple orders knowing they will send them back... then complain that there are supply issues.

That's probably causing a decent amount of issues in the supply chain with people cancelling and swapping orders about.

The "I deserve a £400 monitor for less than £300" brigade.. you know who you are. Karen, hehehe :D

Last edited:
Associate
Makes me laugh that people are moaning about not getting a brand new model monitor for less than retail..and placing multiple orders knowing they will send them back... then complain that there are supply issues.

That's probably causing a decent amount of issues in the supply chain with people cancelling and swapping orders about.

The "I deserve a £400 monitor for less than £300" brigade.. you know who you are hehehe :D

you pay what you like pal, but if I can get a £400 monitor for £280 I'm getting one

Soldato
Whatever. i've no skin in this game.

Mines awesome.

I just find it funny people are scratting about to get one whilst also moaning it's too expensive whilst also having mulitple orders open.

Associate

Mines awesome.

I just find it funny people are scratting about to get one whilst also moaning it's too expensive whilst also having mulitple orders open.

The main thing people were moaning about is that people who ordered months ago are expected to pay full price while some new customers can get massive discounts and may also get their monitor sooner.
Also this discount is not for new all orders, just ones that happen to get the right sales rep.

Associate

Mines awesome.

After nearly 1.5 months with no sign of it arriving anytime soon damn right im going to get it for as cheap as i can if theyre going to make me wait

Associate
After nearly 1.5 months with no sign of it arriving anytime soon damn right im going to get it for as cheap as i can if theyre going to make me wait

Exactly this. If they'd delivered over a month ago like they said they would, they'd have had a sale with much better margins from me. If they're going to screw me around so much, then yeah, I'll screw them around. You get what you pay for works both ways, and I'm damned if I'm paying full price for this **** service

Associate
I was fortunate enough to grab one from the takeaway place when they had them in stock. Got it priced matched to £335 (I just used the invoice I had from my original order with Dell for £351 after discount) and it's just been delivered. Interestingly it's the A model, I assumed I would have been getting left over stock of the original.

Soldato
Just got off the phone with Customer care. Apparently my order placed on the 7th Nov is on hold at the factory hence why the online system keeps delaying the delivery date. The rep said he has opened a case and they will chase it up and find out why the factory has it on hold.

According to the rep, the marketing team advertises the monitor to be delivered within a few days but obviously there is miscommunication between them and the factory. I suspect they are short on parts hence why everyones orders are delayed. Will update when I get a response.

Associate
Well the saga of mine continues - I've ended up placing an order for DGFA model with DELL's sales dept (who are way more competent than the CS) - the rep looked up my original order gave me the same price adjusted for the compensation they'd already offered me on the first order. Hopefully I'll have the DGFA model by end of the week (delivery date is 18th) . All I need to do now is cancel the original order with a phone call to CS (sales couldn't ) which I'll do when the replacement order arrives which will give me a chance to give them a final piece of my mind on how bad Dell CS are

Back
Top Bottom