Motor Oils - viscosity, and other qualities?

Permabanned
Is it safe to use 0W-50 Eneos Sustina? Has anyone tried it and how does it compare to 5W-40?

ENEOS PREMIUM MOTOR OIL SUSTINA
Eco-friendly Ultra-fuel-saving Engine Oils

In recent years, energy conservation has progressed and the interest in the environment of emissions such as carbon dioxide is growing. Therefore, automobile manufacturers are increasing the production of lowemission certified vehicles and fuel-saving standard achievement cars year by year. In order to achieve fuel efficiency standards, the engine has been designed by introducing a variety of technologies, and also the engine oil has been expected the fuel-saving effect by lowering the oil viscosity. SUSTINA is gasoline engine oil that achieves much higher fuel-saving performance and engine protection performance than conventional oil by ENEOS original technologies. While average vehicle age is extended, SUSTINA is the ideal highperformance oil to the engine.

2. Performance SUSTINA indicates the following three performances. (1) Fuel-efficiency improvement : 2% up (at maximum) * (2) Fuel-efficiency performance endurance: Doubled * (3) Cleaning performance endurance: Doubled* * Comparison with GF-4 existing fuel-efficient oil (same viscosity grade)

Untitled.png

Permabanned
OP
Surely you just use the correct oil viscosity for your engine? Why wouldn’t it be safe to use 0w50 oil if that’s what your engine requires?

The issue comes in winter when it is more difficult to start up the engine and the fuel consumption during the first several minutes is significantly increased.
I have always used 5W-40 or 10W-40 but I'd rather want to experiment and see if the engine work can be improved?

Man of Honour
Ok, but which brand?
The oil makes a difference - for example the Eneos Sustina helps for very quiet engine, while with other, cheaper options are much louder and more resembling to older diesel engines.
Are you on commission?

Put in an oil that meets the manufacturers specification. I doubt you will notice any discernible difference to noise or anything else on that engine with different oils.

Never underestimate the power of snake oil though!

Soldato
Surprised about the suprise on 71mpg as my 18 year old Skoda will happily do 65 mpg ,as regards oil the main dealer works best for me ,they have a recommended oil on the shelves for £23 ish a 5 /40 in my case did 270k from new in my last Skoda ,did occasionally try a 10/40 semi but would result in afew seconds of top end rattle on start.

Back
Top Bottom