• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Which is what I said in the other threads to people complaining the 3070 is better value, when its not. 3070s also have huge gouging on the AIB's where they are almost hitting 3080FE prices - thats not the 'better value' card whatsoever..! The 6800 will be the one people modify to run like an XT except its 50+ cheaper.

AMD should have slotted something in the $499 space though, but I'm guessing it was more of a capacity issue and it'll come soon.

Associate
Not sure what the issue is with sapphire's website. Tried different browsers, cleared cookies, nothing, can't see any images on the site.

The problem I have with it is that none of the web browsers I use trust the SSL connection from their CDN:

https://media.cdn.sapphiretech.co

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Edge/Chrome in Win 10, Safari in Mac OS all refuse to establish an SSL connection. According to SSL Labs they're using Let's Encrypt and their servers are configured fine. Which is odd, as my personal websites use Let's Encrypt and they are fine in all my browsers with 0 trust issues.

If I figure out the root cause I'll post, but otherwise this is probably a tad off topic.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
AMD should have slotted something in the $499 space though, but I'm guessing it was more of a capacity issue and it'll come soon.

I would agree and love it if it dropped to that price but I think its too new and they know its way better than nvidias mid range so it will lie there until stock stops selling then they may price war in a few months.

Caporegime
Just give me some bloody benchmarks so I can make a firm decision!!!!!!

This has been the most frustrating guy launch season ever
Why can't you like...control yourself?

You can't buy a 30 series unless you're in an extremely lucky position and the 6000 series isn't out yet. What's there to get annoyed over?

You're going to find out in max...3 days? One of which is basically over now anyway. Chill :)

Associate
Why can't you like...control yourself?

It's not a question of self control, the information is being withheld forcing you to rush an expensive purchase for limited supply during unprecedented demand otherwise you might face months of waiting while your money is tied up doing nothing.

Simply ask yourself, who benefits most from keeping this information secret until the last moment?

Associate
It's not a question of self control, the information is being withheld forcing you to rush an expensive purchase for limited supply during unprecedented demand otherwise you might face months of waiting while your money is tied up doing nothing.

Simply ask yourself, who benefits most from keeping this information secret until the last moment?
your money isn't tied up unless you are stupid enough to pay for something with no ETA. So the same as above a bit of self-control is required. Nobody is forcing you to instantly hand over your money without an ETA or reviews.

Soldato

I'm sorry but that's not making any kind of sense. We are approaching the 48 hour window before everyone finds out.
I have to agree with everyone else. There is absolutely no problem in waiting.

Associate
your money isn't tied up unless you are stupid enough to pay for something with no ETA.

Tell that to the people who've placed orders while those items were in stock only to find out once the money is gone that they've automatically gone to pre-order. Have you not been reading the forums to be unaware of this?

So the same as above a bit of self-control is required.

The original poster requested benchmarks so they could make an informed decision, that seems reasonable and quite normal for most launches, your response is they should show some self control? That's an incredibly poor justification for withholding reviews and I ask you again, how does it benefit us to keep this information away from us till the last moments?

Wednesday will not be improved for most people by having to spend time checking reviews to see if it's a product that meets their needs before the launch a few hours later to avoid missing out on stock.

Nobody is forcing you to instantly hand over your money without an ETA or reviews.

No, no one is holding a gun to anyone's head forcing them to make an order but your comment comes off as quite bizarre when we are in a situation where people are now waiting months for their orders even if they placed them within minutes of the products being available.

Under normal circumstances, sure wait but these aren't normal circumstances, if it's a repeat performance your only chance of getting one in a normal timescale is to rush the purchase, not exactly seeing how that works well for the self control you're advocating.

Associate
I'm sorry but that's not making any kind of sense. We are approaching the 48 hour window before everyone finds out.
I have to agree with everyone else. There is absolutely no problem in waiting.
There is a problem though. If you wait to read the reviews, the cards are already gone and you have no hope of getting one till 2021.

Reviews should have been released a day before the cards went for sale.

Associate
Having reviews before card launch day would be nice, not sure why, when they clearly have a good product they don't let people know all about it. I guess it gives them until the 11th hour to update drivers, make new demands on reviewers etc. All good things to those who wait.

Caporegime
There is a problem though. If you wait to read the reviews, the cards are already gone and you have no hope of getting one till 2021.

Reviews should have been released a day before the cards went for sale.
Yeah, that is the (obvious, so not sure why people don't seem to acknowledge it) risk and it all depends on how much you want or need one. I guess the best thing to do is just try and order one anyway, if you manage to get one then you can always return it unopened for a refund if you want to.

Having reviews before card launch day would be nice, not sure why, when they clearly have a good product they don't let people know all about it. I guess it gives them until the 11th hour to update drivers, make new demands on reviewers etc. All good things to those who wait.
Not having reviews in advance sucks and I hope we get some info tomorrow.

Associate
Also remember regardless of reviews and ETA on actually getting a card if stock is low, buying a card at launch is probably the only time (until at least Jan 2021) you will get one close to RRP if the 3080 / 3070 demand is anything to go by.

For me (and it does vary person to person) it makes sense now after missing out on a 3070 and 3080 is to just try and get the card ASAP without looking at benchmarks. And if the reviews are bad cancel / return the product.

Caporegime
The original poster requested benchmarks so they could make an informed decision, that seems reasonable and quite normal for most launches, your response is they should show some self control? That's an incredibly poor justification for withholding reviews and I ask you again, how does it benefit us to keep this information away from us till the last moments?

Nah you're taking it out of context. I don't have a problem with wanting benchmarks now and hell, I wanna see benchmarks now as much as the next person. The point I was making and saying what is the point in driving yourself mad over it and getting frustrated?

Its ******* pointless to do so.

If I were AMD I'd be releasing the embargo about now. A couple of days before launch. I don't see the benefit in leaving stuff until release day but I am not them. So we can only speculate.

Caporegime
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Ashes of the Singularity benchmark leaks https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-ashes-of-the-singularity-benchmark-leaks

APISAK spotted the Radeon RX 6800 XT, the upcoming Navi 21 XT based graphics card from AMD, in the Ashes of the Singularity benchmark website. The graphics card has been tested with the Core i7-8700K CPU and 32GB of RAM. The detailed result website does not provide any further details as to whether the processors or the graphics card were overclocked. Nor does it confirm the platform used (to determine whether Smart Memory Access was used).

The Radeon RX 6800 XT scored 10100 points in the Crazy 1080p benchmark preset with an average of 102 frames per second. APISAK provided a quick comparison for this result featuring GeForce RTX 3090 and RTX 3080 graphics cards which appear to offer very similar performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom