Is all Huawei tech going to be dead in the UK after 2021?

Man of Honour
As a consumer it won't affect you - certain types of organisations have to stop purchasing Huawei products from 2021 but can operate existing kit in their infrastructure until 2027 but that doesn't affect their customers.

Soldato
Where i work (US based company) we are having to dump everything Huawei as its apparently a requirement for being able to bid on/get US government contracts. Which are obviously worth a lot to us being a medical supplies company.

Not that we have that much anyway to be honest. However, with all the WFH these days and users connecting to work using their own equipment such as Huawei routers/xG dongles etc i'm wondering whether we'll have to switch them out too?! I think my Vodafone router is Huawei so it would be nice for them to buy me a new one. :D

Associate
OP
Where i work (US based company) we are having to dump everything Huawei as its apparently a requirement for being able to bid on/get US government contracts. Which are obviously worth a lot to us being a medical supplies company.

Not that we have that much anyway to be honest. However, with all the WFH these days and users connecting to work using their own equipment such as Huawei routers/xG dongles etc i'm wondering whether we'll have to switch them out too?! I think my Vodafone router is Huawei so it would be nice for them to buy me a new one. :D
Do you have 5G Wi-Fi by any chance?

If so, it's the same router I bought but the pro 2 version (slightly newer) but cost me £400... i'll be ****** if it stops working soon.

Soldato
Do you have 5G Wi-Fi by any chance?

If so, it's the same router I bought but the pro 2 version (slightly newer) but cost me £400... i'll be ****** if it stops working soon.

I don't think my vodafone router has 5g although i could be mistaken.. HHG2500 is the model number. Although its not that great so if they could buy me some sort of Cisco/Meraki/Cisco home equivalent i wont complain. :D

Associate
I heard they are removing all Huawei tech from the UK in 2021.

I just bought an expensive 5G router made by Huawei. - will it be useless?
If it works now, it will still work for the rest of it's natural life. it may die coincidentally in that time frame but just through natural causes.
It's all a load of nonsense banning Huawei, Google & Amazon et al are just as bad with our data if not worse yet because they have a friendly voice 'Alexa' we trust them whole heartedly.

Back
Top Bottom