• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen ClockTuner

Associate
Anybody running a 3900x in a Gigabyte x570 board? (preferbly Auros Pro)
been through CTR guide a few times and for the life of me cant find the default bios settings for using CTR.

I know AMD cool & Quiet should be enabled and also PBO turned off, but what were the other settings???.

Ran CTR in its 1st edition and setup the bios correctly beforehand. now I`ve updated to F30 and want to re-apply above settings (and the rest).

These were the results with CTR 1.0. (Beta)
CPU Silver Sample.
Recomended values for overclocking.
Ref Freq 4275 Mhz
Ref Volt 1250 mV
Recomended values for underclock.
Ref Freq 4150 Mhz
Ref Volt 1175 mV

Thanks Folks.
You don't need to do anything but turn LLC to High (not auto)

Associate
Anybody running a 3900x in a Gigabyte x570 board? (preferbly Auros Pro)
been through CTR guide a few times and for the life of me cant find the default bios settings for using CTR.

I know AMD cool & Quiet should be enabled and also PBO turned off, but what were the other settings???.

Ran CTR in its 1st edition and setup the bios correctly beforehand. now I`ve updated to F30 and want to re-apply above settings (and the rest).

CPU Silver Sample.
Recomended values for overclocking.
Ref Freq 4275 Mhz
Ref Volt 1250 mV
Recomended values for underclock.
Ref Freq 4150 Mhz
Ref Volt 1175 mV

Thanks Folks.

I also have a 3900X on the Aorus Pro board and have never successfully completed a full run of CTR.
I've tried so many different things and the best I can get is for it to complete the diag run but it will always hard power boot at some point in the 'start' part of the program.

My CPU mainly gets a 'silver' rating from the diag run, though have also had it give me bronze, or gold, depending on BIOS settings. v odd.

Be interested to know what BIOS settings you settle on to get it to run ok, or if you've had similar issues with reboots?

Soldato

the latest is 1.1 beta 7

Change-log v1.1 Beta 7
  • Ryzen 3 3300X now fully supported.
  • Autoload profile with OS fix plus improved compatibility with old Task scheduler.
  • Changes in penalty system for final profile (additional system stability).
  • Additional improvements for more secure sending of commands to the SMU.
  • Critical bug fixes
  • profile-loading stability has been improved.
Change-log v1.1 Beta 4
  • Added STATS link-buttons (BENHCHMARK tab).
  • Added possibility to send statistics manually(BENHCHMARK tab).
  • "Autoshare stats" is no blocked while the experiment is running.
  • Improved protection for PROFILE MANAGEMENT from inputting incorrect values.
  • CHECK STABILITY. The base time was increased to 15 minutes (with Enhance accuracy - 30 minutes).
  • Improved security for sending commands to the SMU.
  • "Enhance accuracy" (ON/OFF) modes have been modified. Both modes are unique. By default it is recommended to use "Enhance accuracy" (OFF).
  • "Cycle time" by default it was increased to 360 seconds instead of 240. I consider this to be the optimal value.
  • Changed some default values for DIAGNOSTIC mode.
  • Stability of the graphical shell has been improved.
  • Soft start for stress tests is enforced for all modes.
  • Cinebench results were improved. CTR is minimized while the Cinebench is running.
  • Name of the motherboard manufacturer is now shorter and clearer.
  • Fixed rare error of incorrect PPT and Voltage visualization (BENHCMARK tab).
  • Fixed. It is impossible to read "CBlog.log".
  • Fixed. CHECK STABILITY test could not be completed.
  • Fixed. Wrong indication of thread numbers in log.
  • Fixed. CTR 1.1 used CTR 1.0 configuration data.
  • Fixed. Incorrect autoload CTR with OS.
  • Fixed. Motherboard name was not displayed for RYZEN 3 STATS.
I struggled with ASUS board to get the CCX scoring showing. but after patiently and maticulously combing the web for answers I managed to find the bios settings to enable that and flushed the system log and ran the diag and clocking easily after that

Soldato
Has anyone else had the issue of profiles not saving when closing CTR and restarting the system with the latest version?

Was never a problem with the original release.

Soldato
the latest is 1.1 beta 7

I struggled with ASUS board to get the CCX scoring showing. but after patiently and maticulously combing the web for answers I managed to find the bios settings to enable that and flushed the system log and ran the diag and clocking easily after that

As to help others, can you share what you did in the BIOS to enable it?

Soldato
As to help others, can you share what you did in the BIOS to enable it?
I will try to get a screenshot of my bios setting later. I am not sure if it is one particular setting or a combination of them. I switched on anything that is related to CCD or NUMA stuff.

Soldato
I'm trying this now, currently running the diagnostic, it seems to be lowering VID and then stress testing. It's been running for quite a while, do I just leave it to it? How long does it take?

Edit - I'm an idiot, 360 seconds obviously.

Soldato
Cheers, it completed so I hit start, it says Ryzen master isn't installed or is an outdated version, but it's the latest 2.6.0

Edit - got it to run

Calculation of penalties for the final profile:
20:20:49: CCX1 (137): 4250 MHz, 1250 mV OC=
20:20:49: CCX2 (122): 4250 MHz, 1250 mV OC=
Cinebench 20 started
Cinebench 20 finished with result: 5028
Voltage: 1.25 V PPT: 103.1 W Temperature: 73.6?

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone else’s system just crash when using this? 3900x Ctr 1.1
the whole process takes ages. But it shouldn’t crash your system unless you have ram instability. As per guide you are advised to either go with stock ram setting or XMP setting but be sure it is stable.

Soldato
Seems odd this tool, the suggestions it's giving me are stable for nearly everything on my 3950x, the only problem is AVX2 testing is stable, but it reaches thermal limits. I'm of the mindset that if it can't cope with AVX2 then it's not fully stable, maybe I'm wrong in that mindset I dunno because I see a hell of a lot of mixed opinions that AVX2 isn't realistic but if it can handle AVX2 then it can handle anything ? OCCT also throws up a tonne of errors on the small AVX2 test but it's fine for SSE and AVX, everything else though it's fine

Not really sure what to do, I'm thinking lower voltage and tweak down the clock to suit so it's not going over thermal limit in AVX2 or would it just be best to scrap it all, put PPT @ 300w, TDC at 230 and EDC at 230 (these are the limits Buildzoid suggests) and just let PBO do its thing and focus instead on getting Ram clocked ?

Soldato
Just spent close to 2 hours playing with CTR, honestly not all that impressed. At least, it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, which is that my 3900x can do 4.4 @ 1.32v. The diagnostic said my CPU is a golden sample which is surprising as I got it on release day. But going back to PBO as that does fine for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom