MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Soldato
If you get time, I would appreciate it if you could check with cpuz.

Is anyone running 4 sticks of 8 Pack Ripped ram? The 3600mhz cl14 stuff? Wondering how the board copes with 4 stick and overclocking.
If the Crucial isn't instick soon thats my second option.

Sorry missed that question and didn't realise cpu-z gave that info ... but according to cpu-z mine is single.

Associate
Do MSI provide an .exe style bios installer application?
Can't find anything on the support page.
Manual says "Dragon Center" will update BIOS...

... Do people recommend this method?

** was under the impression that Dragon Centre was bloatware that would slow a PC down **

Associate
Do MSI provide an .exe style bios installer application?
Can't find anything on the support page.
Manual says "Dragon Center" will update BIOS...

... Do people recommend this method?

** was under the impression that Dragon Centre was bloatware that would slow a PC down **

I installed it last night to set the RGB lights...yeah, it's pretty terrible. I set them and uninstalled it immediately afterwards. If you ever install it, make sure to uninstall the MSI SDK it leaves behind, as this is what causes all of the active processes running.

You can update the BIOS from the BIOS with a flash drive installed, I'd just stick to that...

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Associate
Are there any alternate aerials that can be got for the on-board wifi? My destop unit is push away in, and I'm getting poor wifi connection to iit from my VR headset, but can see the connetion speed go way up if I pull it out and hang over it. So looking to extend the aerials if that's possible.

I know this isn't specifc to this motherboard, but it's the one I have so thought I'd ask here.

I see extension leads on ebay. Are these terminations generic, and not matched in some way ? Also, I guess I need two extensions as there are two aerials ?

Last edited:
Associate
A silly question. I've ordered a Tomahawk motherboard that will be delivered later this month. Do you think I would need to flash BIOS or should the coming motherboards already be compatible with the 5000-series of CPU's?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
A silly question. I've ordered a Tomahawk motherboard that will be delivered later this month. Do you think I would need to flash BIOS or should the coming motherboards already be compatible with the 5000-series of CPU's?

You will need to flash it.

Associate
Hi Guys, can anyone advise if the x570 Tomahawk is compatible with Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18 , CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18. I cannot find this information on the MSI website I'm afraid. I would appreciate your help.

Caporegime
Hi Guys, can anyone advise if the x570 Tomahawk is compatible with Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18 , CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18. I cannot find this information on the MSI website I'm afraid. I would appreciate your help.
While it's not on the QVL list It should work without any real trouble.

Back
Top Bottom