Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Man of Honour
Anyone who has a twitch prime account, they are giving away a free "Gear Pack" for Valhalla, just pop onto twitch to claim it :)

Its the Carolingian Set, includes :

1 Gear Set
1 Mount
1 Weapon
1 Shield
1 Raven Skin
1 Ship Skin
1 Ship Prop

Pretty powerful set too

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone who has a twitch prime account, they are giving away a free "Gear Pack" for Valhalla, just pop onto twitch to claim it :)

Its the Carolingian Set, includes :

1 Gear Set
1 Mount
1 Weapon
1 Shield
1 Raven Skin
1 Ship Skin
1 Ship Prop

Pretty powerful set too

Cheers for the heads up. Turns out I have Twitch prime, or whatever it's now called, with my Amazon Prime account. 3 rune slots an item and better base stats than my current upgraded armour.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Subscribed to uplay to try this and some other games out. Doesn't seem that great compared to Odyssey but that was my first AC game. The first few bits of the game would fit into a AC Middle-Earth type game :p.

Combat isn't as straight forward as Odyssey but that's probably my key config.

Runs ok though, still very early on in the game and it's running 75-85 fps.

Associate
I'm actually really enjoying this, got it on Uplay+ and been playing solid for 3 days and just got to Vinland (america) and I've still got plenty of regions to go through in England. Graphics are nice, loads to do, if there's any complaints, I like to see a bit more loot/variety.

I'd easily put this on par with Odyssey and Origins.

Man of Honour
23 hours played now and its still the case that the more I play of it, the more mechanics I open up, the more I like it.

I like to see a bit more loot/variety.

I agree with this, I know that they read complaints from some quarters that the loot in Odyssey was OTT and had made it more like a looter/slasher RPG game but I actually liked all that loot in Odyssey, I find I'm missing the loot dropping in this.

Soldato
Looks to be a lot of dips CPU side, is it coming through as judder / spikes during gameplay? Reading around though, seems to be a quirk and on subsequent benchmark runs they largely go away and if so should be good if its not indicative of actual game performance.

On that note, while playing the game, if you go to the options menu, it will give you a on the fly 30 seconds readout of your FPS. So good to see how it actually performs ingame rather then canned benchmark.

Soldato
Has anyone else been able to successfully duel wield heavy weapons with the perk? If so any tips and must have perks to get? For lol's went for Excalibur at level 60 but finding two handed heavy weapons awful. Single handed ones, daggers in particular seem much more effective?

Associate
Cheers for the heads up. Turns out I have Twitch prime, or whatever it's now called, with my Amazon Prime account. 3 rune slots an item and better base stats than my current upgraded armour.

Thanks for this. I was able to do the same.

For anyone else who is playing via Stadia this works as long as your Stadia account is linked to your Uplay account....which in turn now needs to be linked to your Amazon account. #bigtechknowsallmysecrets

Soldato
Has anyone else been able to successfully duel wield heavy weapons with the perk? If so any tips and must have perks to get? For lol's went for Excalibur at level 60 but finding two handed heavy weapons awful. Single handed ones, daggers in particular seem much more effective?

I was dual heavy for a while, double axe in off hand and double sword in main hand. It was OP as hell, gone to a single 2h sword for now as I wanted to explore the rest of the skill try. For the most part, it seems there is just no point min maxing as combat is very easy regardless of difficulty.

Soldato
I was dual heavy for a while, double axe in off hand and double sword in main hand. It was OP as hell, gone to a single 2h sword for now as I wanted to explore the rest of the skill try. For the most part, it seems there is just no point min maxing as combat is very easy regardless of difficulty.

Yeah I changed up my play style after posting. Against most mobs duel heavy wield works great if your aggressive and good with parrying. Need to keep yourself open less as the momentum really carries you. Daggers still work best on the boss's though or ones with massive shields I think, but that said, boss's were 4x my level when I killed them so why daggers were likely more effective.

Associate
I've still got the original axe (fathers axe) and a knights sheild lol

The combat is definetly improving though and more enjoyable the more of the skill tree / abilities you open up. Love the finishing moves haha when the character you are uses their own weapon against them.

Man of Honour
I like to see a bit more loot/variety.
I've still got the original axe (fathers axe) and a knights sheild lol

The combat is definetly improving though and more enjoyable the more of the skill tree / abilities you open up. Love the finishing moves haha when the character you are uses their own weapon against them.

I love the one where you grab their spear and spear them into the ground with it while they are on their knees :)

Back
Top Bottom