The Tesla Thread

Soldato

nam

nam

Soldato
was reported in one of the forums that they added extra sound insulation for door and trunk. Would be interested too see what difference it makes now with the insulated glass too

What's the build quality like on the Chinese made Tesla's? Could it be better than the US made ones?

Soldato
The Y is the better option purely because it’s a proper hatch back. Ignoring the extra space, it’s just so much more practical and it’s just way more difficult to use the space in the 3 because it’s a ‘sedan’.

Soldato
The Y is the better option purely because it’s a proper hatch back. Ignoring the extra space, it’s just so much more practical and it’s just way more difficult to use the space in the 3 because it’s a ‘sedan’.

100%. This was a major contributing factor for me selling my 3.

Soldato
I moved from a Kia Sportage to a Model 3 and that was pretty much as utility as it gets; cheap, cheerful, can fit a fridge in the back and didn't really care about it, damage/dirt-wise.

I was concerned about the space but it's actually been fine. Yes the actual opening is smaller but the frunk is really handy, the boot is huge as is the length with the back seats down. Four of us went camping in it and we fit everything in with just a couple of bits in the middle of the back seats. I can fit my bike in and I doubt I need to move anything bigger than that more regularly than once a year (and I'm fortunate enough to have access to a van for IKEA trips and the like).

Comes down to your personal usage - obviously - and we don't have children.

Soldato
I don't think i could have managed with a M3 when my daughter was born, but now she's 2 i think it'd be OK as we don't need to carry any where near as much stuff. Saying that given the choice i still think i'd go model Y if it was available here and a similar price as a hatch is a lot better most of the time.

I had an Impreza for several years which is about the same size as the 3, and again it had a huge boot but which was great for shopping and the like but no good if you wanted to take my mountain bike or a guitar amp anywhere. The wife had a Clio 197 at the time and even though a much smaller car than the STi it was far more useful as we could fit 2 bikes in the back so that ended up being the 'practical' car.

Soldato
That’s the main point I was making, had a chest of draws in the back of my hatch back a few weeks ago. Not a chance of getting that in a model 3 despite it having far more load space.

Last week I went to the tip with 9 internal doors in the same hatch, I doubt that would fit either although I could do a couple of runs!

Model Y just had a far more practical load bay, not that I would want to cram it full on top runs!

Back
Top Bottom