This Instant And Moment - 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Spotify is shocking for sticking loud adverts in the middle of playlists, I've gone back to internet radio because of it.

Got around the speech issue on TV by running a cheap AV amp with a centre channel and 3 front speakers but I've noticed more action films are pushing explosions through the centre channel too. Gone back to subtitles. At least I now have a full surround setup for when the neighbours are out.

Soldato
@secretspy You still not replaced your dead telly? Black Friday deals abound!

No, I haven't really been in a financial position to and was going to get some quotes for repairing it. So far I've been told £130 so I was considering whether I should just upgrade but can't decide lol
That's kind of you to offer to buy her one :)

If someone wants to buy me a tv they're welcome to :D

@Steeps the only way around the Spotify ad for me, is to play it through the internet browser. weirdly if I have the volume turned down on the browser and then turn up the volume on my laptop speakers, the adverts go quiet and the music stays at the level I want it. Doesn't make sense but means I don't get to hear the same annoying adverts over and over :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I always get the same four adverts on Spotify: NHS, Universal Credit, Barclays and Nat West 'sharing' their ad space. I don't get that 'thanks for listening to Spotify one' very often. Spotify has been great for me during this WFH pandemic situation.

Caporegime
1996 E36 318i Touring Manual with 12 months MOT, basic spec but in very nice condition, unmolested...
Or...
2001 E46 330Ci Auto with 2 months MOT for twice as much, but its Oxford Green with a lovely cream and real wood interior, great condition, 2 owners from new, very clean MOT history, etc.
Or...
None of the above, resist the urges and wait for a reasonably priced LS400/LS430/GS430/Soarer...

I haven't bought a car for a while and I'm getting the itches, like a crack addict. :p

Soldato
1996 E36 318i Touring Manual with 12 months MOT, basic spec but in very nice condition, unmolested...
Or...
2001 E46 330Ci Auto with 2 months MOT for twice as much, but its Oxford Green with a lovely cream and real wood interior, great condition, 2 owners from new, very clean MOT history, etc.
Or...
None of the above, resist the urges and wait for a reasonably priced LS400/LS430/GS430/Soarer...
Out of the first two, no comparison. Twice the price for loads more car.

I'd say neither. What is the requirement for a new car? Not discouraging, more steering towards choosing the right one if at all. I've been eyeing up MG TFs... For no good reason.

The TV is a Philips 50PUS7805 50" 4K Ultra HD HDR LED and while on HD channels it looks good SD TV is not good at all....seems way too bright ( even whith brightness all the way down) plus a little blury , we also have a VM Tivo box.
Ah, might be sortable in the settings. Philips have a really wide range of TVs from mediocre to OLED.

Soldato
Or...
Or...

I haven't bought a car for a while and I'm getting the itches, like a crack addict. :p

Not to be rude, but just wondering, as I think you mentioned it before in a thread. Aren't you still looking for a job?

If you have a car that works I'd be focusing on the job front, rather than buying another rust bucket! :eek:

Caporegime
Out of the first two, no comparison. Twice the price for loads more car.

No offense but I'm not taking car buying advice from you! ;) :p

I'd say neither. What is the requirement for a new car? Not discouraging, more steering towards choosing the right one if at all.

There is no requirement other than seeing things which I fancy. The reason behind being interested in one of the BMW's is totally different to the reason behind being interested in the other, its not about it being more or less car for the cash. :)

I've been eyeing up MG TFs... For no good reason.

Stop, buy an MX5. :p

Not to be rude, but just wondering, as I think you mentioned it before in a thread. Aren't you still looking for a job?

If you have a car that works I'd be focusing on the job front, rather than buying another rust bucket! :eek:

I am still looking for a job yes, but also have savings which these cars would only make a small dent in, and can also afford to run a third car on my limited income. :eek:

I did say I have the itches like a crack addict. Its not an entirely rational decision, I just want to buy a car. :p

Soldato
I am still looking for a job yes, but also have savings which these cars would only make a small dent in, and can also afford to run a third car on my limited income. :eek:

I did say I have the itches like a crack addict. Its not an entirely rational decision, I just want to buy a car. :p

Do you tax them all, or are they all free on tax due to being rust buckets?

I can't really fathom wanting more than one decent car, unless you want like "the commute car" and the "fun but expensive car". You going for high availability?

Caporegime
Do you tax them all, or are they all free on tax due to being rust buckets?

No I have to tax, MOT and insure them all, they aren't pre 1980. :p

I can't really fathom wanting more than one decent car, unless you want like "the commute car" and the "fun but expensive car". You going for high availability?

You're reading too far into it. I just want to buy another car. Once I find work, if I had the space, I'd have 10 if I could. Currently 3 is the feasible limit.

I get bored easily. The urge some people have for buying computer parts, clothes, shoes, collectable memorabilia, I have that but for buying vaguely interesting old cars.

I've only been driving since 2013/2014 and have gone through 14 cars.

Soldato
No I have to tax, MOT and insure them all, they aren't pre 1980. :p

You're reading too far into it. I just want to buy another car. Once I find work, if I had the space, I'd have 10 if I could. Currently 3 is the feasible limit.

I get bored easily. The urge some people have for buying computer parts, clothes, shoes, collectable memorabilia, I have that but for buying vaguely interesting old cars.

I've only been driving since 2013/2014 and have gone through 14 cars.

I passed about the same time as you and have 15, and I definitely get where you’re coming from. I reckon we could be friends irl, if I liked people to want that :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom