** GORGEOUS NEW LG 4K MONITOR - LG 27GN950-B PRE-ORDER NOW **

Associate
Associate
Curious to have your color settings you use, for the moment I enabled "Gamer 1" (sRGB being far too dark) but before we have the TFTCentral review (and therefore settings) I would like to see if anyone has "good" settings to share ;)

Associate
Curious to have your color settings you use, for the moment I enabled "Gamer 1" (sRGB being far too dark) but before we have the TFTCentral review (and therefore settings) I would like to see if anyone has "good" settings to share ;)

this is how i have mine

Gamer 1>black stablizer 50> Brightness 80> contrast 70> Sharpness 80> gamma mode 2> colour temp Med> DFC on> local dimming auto

Soldato
Mines the default...

Gamer 1

Black stabilizer 50
Brightness 80
Contrast 70
Sharpness 50
Gamma Mode 2
Colour Temp custom
DFC Off
Local dimming auto

Only thing I've changed is turn off standby after fours hours and set the DisplayPort from 1.4 dsc to 1.4 to match my current graphics card.

Man of Honour
It will be available early next week but it's strange to see that his monitor was charged with v3.03,5.57 firmware as mine was originally (and still yet) v3.03,5.61
his = me :)

I think the first part denotes the firmware version, not sure what the "5.57" really represents tbh. there were no available updates via the OnScreen control software. but the version LG sent me to test the new features and bug fixes shows up now in there as v3.06.

Soldato
Can anybody tell me where the USB ports are on this monitor. I currently don’t have the supplied USB cable from the monitor connected to my PC. So if I want to install this firmware what do I do? Do I need a thumb drive or ext HDD?

Associate
Can anybody tell me where the USB ports are on this monitor. I currently don’t have the supplied USB cable from the monitor connected to my PC. So if I want to install this firmware what do I do? Do I need a thumb drive or ext HDD?
I'd say you will just have to plug it in temporarily

I re-routed my keyboard (takes up 2 ports) through my monitor so I could plug my monitors passthrough in to my tower

I think its a case of upgrading the firmware via software not direct but there may be a way

Man of Honour
It just needs the usb connected from pc to monitor and then you can run the OnScreen software to do the update. You can also then plug things in to the hub ports on the monitor if you want like mice keyboard etc. They are on the back of the screen where the video connections also are

Back
Top Bottom