• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Plus Asus tax plus scalping plus "just cause its faster than a 3090 and in short supply" tax.

Yup, i'm honestly not even gonna bother my arse this time around, getting fed up with the same BS every launch with a convenient low supply and the usual mass trampling of people over the top of one another to get one at any cost.

Associate
1200 cards for the whole of the UK? Surely that can’t be true? If it is, I would be embarrassed to launch that many as a company. If this is true then nvidia have nothing to worry about. Wow.

Caporegime
2020 hardware launches...

Average cost to wallet: £800.

Average cost to dignity: Priceless.

Yup, i'm honestly not even gonna bother my arse this time around, getting fed up with the same BS every launch with a convenient low supply and the usual mass trampling of people over the top of one another to get one at any cost.
Yup, instead of just a hit to the wallet with a new hardware launch, consumers now face a hit to the dignity in the process of trying to get one. You sit there refreshing a page , put something in your basket, hope you are quicker than someone else... only to find you weren't and it went to someone else instead? That's the new normal... intense feelings of frustration for hundreds of thousands of people when truing to part with their money for what should be a mass-produced product releases with the proper stock and supply to at least stay in stock for more than 15 minutes? We are not talking about an exclusive Rolex or a rare car here... it's a damn GPU (or CPU or console etc).

Associate
Do we have a list of which custom cards are releasing the following week? I'm after a card for watercooling so I'm tempted to make an attempt at a reference model, but I'm in the same mind to hold out for a card with a factory installed block like the liquid devil. I'm not hopeful I'll be getting an upgrade anytime in 2020.

Soldato
1200 cards for the whole of the UK? Surely that can’t be true? If it is, I would be embarrassed to launch that many as a company. If this is true then nvidia have nothing to worry about. Wow.

The only comfort maybe that AMD can re-supply the cards much quicker than Nvidia, either way, slumming it with the F5 spamming ******** on Weds, seems like a waste of time, IMO.

Associate
I'm putting mine under water as well but curious to see if the AIB boards have a better design / power headroom than ref.

What's been the case for previous gen AMD, best option for WC?

Associate
LambdaTek had prices up for earlier Ryzen cpusand gpus whch were all massively over inflated as well.

Id pay exactly zero mind to prices you see before launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom