** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Soldato
I wonder how many will cancel and jump on RDNA2 when the benchmarks come out only to find another long queue.

That's the last thing I would do and if nobody did they would learn they are on to a loser.

Unfortunately some people have more money than sense.

Soldato
I’d cancel if I ended up in a queue, far too much stock dropping at places that don’t have long preorder lines. I’m also not bothered about the AIB vendor, there all so similar these days due to little OC headroom and fairly well made heat sinks all round.

Soldato
Reality due to manufacturing and global issues... Most retailers probably will be limited to receiving stock as the manufacturer has a ridiculous amount of demand.
The manufacturer cannot just meet all that demand instantly.

The retailer may have 300 sales for one brand but cannot just order 300 units as by the time those 300 units are actually manufactured they may receive 200 refund requests.

OCUK are pretty transparent and most people aware of the tech industry knew this was coming. I was talking to my colleagues in November 2019 about the coming tech supply probs as the future consoles arrive before we even added in the Corona probs.

Show me a single UK retailer that did not drop the ball. Show me any retailer I can call up and get a 3 series card in 48 hrs right now?

Every retailer is going to fulfil every order in line.

So what if other retailers dropped the ball? What's pretty transparent about OCUK, is that all they cared about was gouging customers on lauch and taking 1,000s of orders they had no chance of fulfilling...and then left their customers hanging in a disastrous queuing system

What SHOULD have happened is they and others took a limited amount of orders, ones they could fulfill in a reasonble time-frame, and then open up ordering again when new stock arrived, but no, they're far too greedy for that.

As for me, having seen this movie dozens of times before I never get caught out in day 1 shenanigans, the false claims made, driver issues, early days hardware issues on occcasion, pre-orders, the queuing, the gouging, I just wish people would learn from launches like this, and then we'd all be better off.

PS - I can't link other retailers in this foum, but people are getting cards via discord alerts...

Last edited:

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

Strangely bold claim that OCUK have took orders they have no chance of fulfilling?
So you have news, ASUS, Nvidia, EVGA, Zotac, MSI, all have no chance at all of making these cards? Just nonsense.

What SHOULD have happened if I ruled the world eh? Your suggestion is basically a retailer and manufacturer alliance to a queue system!

Some retailers can easily bank say 1000 pre orders with risk of cancellations and still take hold of the stock they pay for from the manufacturers.

Other retailers can only afford a much smaller level of risk.

Associate
My mate says he just saw a few different 3070 in stock on OCUK but cant see them now and neither can he, have noticed 10+ of 2 different SKU's of 3090 in stock though

Associate
Yeah, I see a number of 3090 cards are now in stock.

But not sure what's happening with the ASUS ROG STRIX 3090 OC as the Pre Order sign in the store is missing now....:confused:

Soldato
It looks like they have turned off preorders for the cards with long lead times. That’s a good thing IMO, you shouldn’t be selling something you have no idea when you can supply it, most retailers have done the same thing.

Why are you posting with random text in red? It’s just distracting.

Associate
Well, by not queuing I now have an MSI RTX 3080 Ventus on the way, it should arrive within the week. It's not ordered from OCUK and not bought from a scalper. It's a shame I can't list other sites on here (though understandale) another store just put a shed load of different 3080's up for sale but they went pretty fast as you would expect.

Associate
The main issue is that everyone piled in on one or two SKUs, mainly the ASUS TUF which now have huge lines. The other brands aren’t anywhere near as bad, Palit for example had a very small queue and even went into stock at one point. There all pretty similar at the end of the day.

Tell me about it, I went for the 3080 TUF purely because I have a TUF motherboard and it was a cheaper option. It just made sense. Then a couple of reviews spoke highly of it and here we are. They're all very similar, obviously the more expensive cards will have some better components but beyond that the differences are negligible. I'm 93rd in the que though so I don't see the point in changing to another card.
I'm looking forward to seeing the fruits of this alleged increase in production that's supposed to be happening in November... Nearly 3 weeks in and it feels like there's less updates than before.

Associate
You receive updates about your order on Friday? I don't. Why am I not on this list?
I ordered a £2.5k PC with a 3080 in for my son's ONLY Christmas present... are we going to be disappointed? I haven't received one ackknowledgement from OC, only the finance company. Please, please please sort out your customer service and soft skills. Managing a large back order list possible and is best done by keeping communications open rather than burying your head in the sand until the storm has past.
Please contact me, or DM.

Associate
Yeah the phone hold queue is equally frustrating. I gave up after 45 minutes on hold, twice. The holding music and messages also dont inform you where you are in the queue, so you dont know whether to hold on or try at a different time.

Associate
Yeah the phone hold queue is equally frustrating. I gave up after 45 minutes on hold, twice. The holding music and messages also dont inform you where you are in the queue, so you dont know whether to hold on or try at a different time.

I'd try a webnote, they usually get back to you within 24 hours or so. I don't think you'll get a que number for a pre build. I'd have thought you'd be fine getting it before Christmas, it wouldn't surprise me if they already have it for you. Prebuilds have separate stock allocation for 3080's, it should be the easiest way to get a 3080 but most people don't need a full system to go with it. If you've payed by finance it can add a couple of days delay while it processes.
I recently purchased a monitor and a few other bits on finance and I had the same couple of days delay.
Even if they don't have it in stock right now, which you should be able to see on the website, I wouldn't have thought you'd be waiting that long for a pre build. E.G if there is a que for that pre build it will be tiny compared to 3080 ques.

45 mins on hold really does suck though, my TV broke the other day, it's covered so I phoned to get it repaired (not with OCUK) and I was on hold for 40+ mins, it guarantees you're in a foul mood by the time they pick up.
So they shouldn't be too surprised if everyone they speak to is irate.

Last edited:
Associate
No queue position email sent yet, though doubt I've moved from 123 with my MSI Ventus 3080 (ordered 17 Sept at 15:28).

That order being placed seems such a long time ago now ...

Back
Top Bottom