CPU cooler vs AIO cooler

Soldato
I'm debating the same thing.
System isn't built but have a 3700x and don't want to use the stock cooler. Was looking at the eSports duo but also considering a 240mm aio (case can only take a 240mm at the front)

I see @Gray2233 didn't seem keen on the ML240L yet Tom's hardware review of the RGB version say it's better than the Arctic liquid freezer ii ..

Can't decide whether to go cheaper with air or if the aio is worth the extra..

Soldato
Do keep in mind CLCs don't live as long as air coolers do. Only potential problems with air cooling are fan wearing out and if using in future build maybe needed mount upgrade. But with air cooling case airflow needs to be setup so it supplies cooler (both CPU & GPU) with air at or near room temp. Many if not most stock case fans re garbage .. and even cases with good fans don't have them placed to give needed airflow. I can supply links to good air coolers, guide to setting up case airflow, etc. if you want more info.

Soldato
Case is a zalman i3, come with three front intakes and one exhaust with space for two in the roof. Potential the a500 might not fit as I've found three different dimensions for cpu clearance so I'm not sure whether to order it or not now

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I'm debating the same thing.
System isn't built but have a 3700x and don't want to use the stock cooler. Was looking at the eSports duo but also considering a 240mm aio (case can only take a 240mm at the front)

I see @Gray2233 didn't seem keen on the ML240L yet Tom's hardware review of the RGB version say it's better than the Arctic liquid freezer ii ..

Can't decide whether to go cheaper with air or if the aio is worth the extra..

If it's the review I just had a look at, that's the Liquid Freezer 1, not 2.

Back
Top Bottom