• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
If only the thousands and thousands of buyers thought like this.

People are idiots, that's all it comes down to. Fear of missing out and the desperate need to have a new shiny toy. Yes some people will have sold their cards on to get a new card but people should just bide their time instead of paying way over the odds to fund pisstake pricing practices (the 3 p's) which seem to be standard on new tech launches now.

Caporegime
Are we actually looking at 900 for the xt?

That's disgusting. No way. It's not even a consideration at that level.
At 700 I'd be tempted. 900. No.

There is no competitive solution. Even second hand market is like new now.

Nd the xbox is what.. 500?

Soldato
Are we actually looking at 900 for the xt?

That's disgusting. No way. It's not even a consideration at that level.
At 700 I'd be tempted. 900. No.

There is no competitive solution. Even second hand market is like new now.

If it's that price... not a hope.

Plus talk of miners frothing for these because of how good they are also.

I can really see places scalping the hell out of people.

Why are GPUs NEVER at MSRP like consoles....

SO now we have the unboxing videos live for the 6000 series, what are people thinking about the size? They're much bigger than their equivalent Nvidia cards

I've never really worried about sag before, but I'm a bit on edge about it with the 6800XT, it's thicc

Are we looking at the same pics? On Hexus site they stack them with a 3080 and 3070 and they are smaller!? :confused:

Caporegime
Unfortunately, some will =/

I guess that's the thing isn't it. They can price it at 1k+ and it'll still sell out.

You can get 2 xbox series X for price of 1 gpu.
It's just not competitive. If this is a sign of things to come and pc gaming turns to a market costing 1k for gpu upgrades the console solution becomes not just a consideration but a no brainer.

Its a good time for me to switch as I need a cpu/mobo/gpu upgrade to get my res/refresh working adequately.

Pet Northerner
Don
I guess that's the thing isn't it. They can price it at 1k+ and it'll still sell out.

You can get 2 xbox series X for price of 1 gpu.
It's just not competitive. If this is a sign of things to come and pc gaming turns to a market costing 1k for gpu upgrades the console solution becomes not just a consideration but a no brainer.

yep if GPUs keep pricing this way I'll probably move most of my gaming to the ps5 / xbox and keep a lower end GPU to play RTS games and the like on the pc

Caporegime
yep if GPUs keep pricing this way I'll probably move most of my gaming to the ps5 / xbox and keep a lower end GPU to play RTS games and the like on the pc

That's way I'll be going. Pc for turn based and rts like civ etc and console for everything else.

Ill keep pc a few gens behind in hardware.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Shocking if true these prices after both brands disclose prices not much over £600 but this is fantasy land because what were being offered is gouged to **** pricing. Pfft, looks like PS5 then, industry has gone bonkers..

Caporegime
More people who switch to console the better. Might finally squeeze some of the pc sellers...
AMD must be happy about having the consoles sown up

They can't lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom